+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?

Newbie Touko Ryogi is off to a good start Touko Ryogi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gurren Lagann

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

According to the Anime News Network interview, GAINAX Studio had problems with some episodes showing on late night Japanese TV, so it wouldn't be surprising to see some edits... (For that matter, you really should expect some edits, as US broadcast practice has more minutes set aside for commercials then Japanese broadcast practice) Then again, the Japanese soundtrack only release is going for a real cheap price and won't make that big a hole in your pocket if you want to see the real uncut version...
    It's not so much a matter of price but content when it comes to purchasing DVDs with me. I've already seen a subtitled uncut version of Gurren Lagann about half a year ago, and in fact it's still sitting on my hard drive. But honestly, the dub isn't bad at all. So I'm going to hang fire for a year and purchase a box set or thin-pack release of the dubbed version when it's available, it just doesn't seem like a good deal to go from the hard drive to multiple DVDs without any real improvement, language track, or good bonus to act as an incentive to upgrade.

The fact about the commercial time was something I wasn't aware of, I never even factored such a thing in. So I suppose we are in for some cuts after all. I guess I'll just skip the broadcast and wait patiently for the DVDs.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

According to the Anime News Network interview, GAINAX Studio had problems with some episodes showing on late night Japanese TV, so it wouldn't be surprising to see some edits... (For that matter, you really should expect some edits, as US broadcast practice has more minutes set aside for commercials then Japanese broadcast practice) Then again, the Japanese soundtrack only release is going for a real cheap price and won't make that big a hole in your pocket if you want to see the real uncut version...
    Just a quick question, how do we know which version is uncut?? Would that be the dvd version or the fansub version??

Anyways, the bathhouse episode I didn't fine anything obscene about it so I doubt there's going to be any MAJOR cuts or edits.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Just a quick question, how do we know which version is uncut?? Would that be the dvd version or the fansub version??

Anyways, the bathhouse episode I didn't fine anything obscene about it so I doubt there's going to be any MAJOR cuts or edits.
    Now this depends on what you mean by 'uncut'. It is now becoming standard practice in Japan to provide further improvements, (additional scenes, more 'fanservice', cleaned up animation, greater details in the backgrounds, etc...) in the DVD release then in the original broadcast version to provide further 'incentive' for DVD sales... In fact for the first EVA 1.1 Movie, GAINAX Studios has announced there will be 'improvements' in the DVD release compared to the original Theatrical Movie release version, so go figure...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku demonicloud is off to a good start
    Thanks

Gurren lagann

the cake is a lie! Im kidding. there is a new anime on sci-fi on mondays named gurren laagen. It is very confusing anime to me. Can someone tell it to me. I need help!
    fear the reaper

Otaku ron119125 is off to a good start ron119125's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gurren laggen

Its on anim monday on Sci FI its about a group of humans that are fighting the beast men who drove the human race underground many yeare ago. It was not on this monday I hope its back on next week I really liked it.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Merging with existing, and still active 'Gurren Lagann' thread...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Hostil Spike is off to a good start
    Thanks

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

I find it really hard to believe that a forum with such vast coverage of anime has no Gurren Lagann love. I personally believe it to be the most epic of all animes having watched my fair share.

Ro ro fight the power!

For those who haven't seen (or heard of) this anime, shame on you!

Go now and enjoy.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

There's plenty of love in this forum. We even have Yoko on our top randomized banner. If you refresh the page long enough, you'll see her.

Anyway, TTGL is a neat show. Hilariously overrated and overhyped, but despite the suffocating attention that it receives, it is still one of the better series out there. GAINAX's Diebuster is better of course, but it's all a matter of opinion, eh?
    I love my girlfriend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast