Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do you like about Japanese anime/manga?

Newbie ChamaTama may be famous one day ChamaTama may be famous one day ChamaTama's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile What do you like about Japanese anime/manga?

What about Japanese anime and/or manga attracts you? Is it the art or the storyline or both, or something else?

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What do you like about Japanese anime/manga?

To be honest at first it was the art, but thought the years I've watched anime, and read manga. I just have to like the story. I mean there can always be good art, but the story can suck. So sometimes both, but must of all story.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Otaku Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. K
    To be honest at first it was the art, but thought the years I've watched anime, and read manga. I just have to like the story. I mean there can always be good art, but the story can suck. So sometimes both, but must of all story.
    yah same here I like most of the anime/manga art styles but sometimes it can get a lil' weird but other times it can just be fantastic and for the story lines I enjoy those to
    (-)4(|< 7(-)3 P14|\|37

Newbie ChamaTama may be famous one day ChamaTama may be famous one day ChamaTama's Avatar
    Thanks

I was wondering about it cuz some people and sites (Japanese) people tell me that Japanese ppl and non-Japanese have different tastes in storylines they like. I'm not so sure about this, but for example, Japanese love romance stuff (like shojo manga) aren't as appealing to Western girls cuz Japanese girls and Western girls are fundamentally different in personalities.

Have you ever heard comments like this before?
    Well I don't really mean to raise a critical discussion about this. Just wondering.

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChamaTama
    I was wondering about it cuz some people and sites (Japanese) people tell me that Japanese ppl and non-Japanese have different tastes in storylines they like. I'm not so sure about this, but for example, Japanese love romance stuff (like shojo manga) aren't as appealing to Western girls cuz Japanese girls and Western girls are fundamentally different in personalities.

Have you ever heard comments like this before?
    Well I don't really mean to raise a critical discussion about this. Just wondering.
    Hmmm... I have never heard that! I mean I guess it could be true... but I LOVE shojo manga! It is so cute ^^ (note : I'm Irish)
    As to the first question, what first attracted me was the fact it was Japanese!! Some of the first volumes I bought were in Japanese, just because I love the way it looked ^^;; So, after that initial thought, what kept me coming back was the art and the storyline. I think art is more important to me though, because even if a manga has a good storyline, I won't read it if I don't like the art...
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Thanks

Yeah I guess art counts more to me... or at least, it's a stronger determinant factor when reading a new manga. But if the story doesn't have a good line, I guess I kind of fade out from reading it.

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

To be honest, at first it was because I thought "Cool, animated shows that aren't just kiddy cartoons". After I started to get into it though, I realized that I really liked and appreciated the artwork of anime, and I really enjoy the depth of the story plots and of the characters.
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

Otaku White_Mage88 may be famous one day White_Mage88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

The stories of anime shows is what attracted me to them, and what keeps me watching. I do really like the art style though, and i'm sure it was a small part of why I started watching and still watch anime.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast