+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you think "Overflow" Means? ((FLCL))

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face What do you think "Overflow" Means? ((FLCL))

I just got finished wathcing the FLCL series subbed. and I've already seen the english dub but its never told what Mamimi means when she says if she doesn't touch Noata she'll "Overflow."

Imma big perve and proud of it, but i wanna kno what you guys think b4 i say what i say what i think she means.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What do you think "Overflow" Means? ((FLCL))

i am a perv to, but i at first interpreted it as her getting an orgasim. but i think that isnt right, considering it seems she passed out sorta. and if overflowing is getting off, it must have been good if she passed out...

btw sorry if this post is a no-no, oh mighty moderators. please do not strike me down with all of your hatered...

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

*Trying to keep this PG*

You two aren't very good "pervs". It has nothing to do with any sorta "sexual happenings" at least from her side, if in fact what you two think she is refering to IS what happens when she doesn't touch him. Then touching Noata= equals a couple cold showers.

Her use of 'Overflow" is just the same as someone saying that if, "I don't get home soon I'm gonna die/go crazy/etc.." Its just something she does to help her get through the day, like a morning cup of coffee, touching Noata makes her happy and NOT THAT KINDA HAPPY......
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazawa View Post
    *Trying to keep this PG*

You two aren't very good "pervs". It has nothing to do with any sorta "sexual happenings" at least from her side, if in fact what you two think she is refering to IS what happens when she doesn't touch him. Then touching Noata= equals a couple cold showers.

Her use of 'Overflow" is just the same as someone saying that if, "I don't get home soon I'm gonna die/go crazy/etc.." Its just something she does to help her get through the day, like a morning cup of coffee, touching Noata makes her happy and NOT THAT KINDA HAPPY......
    Sounds reasonable...but then what does she mean by this:

Naota: What'll happen if you overflow?
    Mamimi: I don't know. Probably something amazing.

So...if touching Naota=cold shower, and not touching him=amazing overflow...that does kind of sound like an orgasm. But if it's so amazing, why wouldn't she want it to happen?
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    Sounds reasonable...but then what does she mean by this:

Naota: What'll happen if you overflow?
    Mamimi: I don't know. Probably something amazing.

So...if touching Naota=cold shower, and not touching him=amazing overflow...that does kind of sound like an orgasm. But if it's so amazing, why wouldn't she want it to happen?

Fear, is the simplest answer for me anyway. If your going to pick and chose, that "amazing overflow" mean that Mimimi is going to be shoping at Overstock dot com (you know its all about the o ). Then since she said that "Probably something amazing" that would mean that she has never missed a time in which she needed to touch him.

So she's only saying that something amazing could happen that something amazaing could be very terrible. It would be harder to argue this if she had said probably something wonderful. An explosion can be amazing, hmm I guess you could still say that explosion was wonderful but its just different.

Anyway picking out what someone says and making it perverted isn't being perverted thats just being lazy.

"I can't wait for my next hot lunch."
    OMG "HOT LUNCH" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Lame.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay, I did a bit of research (checking other forums), and the general consensus is that she is referring to an orgasm, or some kind of pseudo-sexual release. But looking at the entire conversation, and Mechazawa's thoughts, I have another theory:

While Mamimi may have genuine affection for Naota, he's primarily a substitute for his older brother, whom Mamimi dated before he left for America. Touching Naota may make her feel some sort of connection to his brother (I don't think he had any contact with Mamimi after he got to the US), and the overflow may refer to the rush of emotion she'd feel by not having this connection...like Mechazawa said, she's sort of saying she'll go crazy if she can't touch Naota. As for "Probably something amazing", perhaps she means if she loses the connection, she'll have to work through all those emotions and figure out her life on her own, without relying on Naota or his brother. Which would be amazing, but difficult and scary for her.

Let's not forget, Mamimi does seem a little wacky, so the things she says may not really mean anything at all.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i kinda thought that Mamimi was a little crazy most of the time and didn't know what was going on...

sorry, but she acted a lot like those loose women on the street... no place to go, begging for food, talking all funny... seems like peas in a pod to me...

but as for her phrase "Overflow"... hmm, i would only say that she doesn't know what she meant by that either; and if you asked her what she meant, she would slurringly tell you to go away or she'll overflow her fist in your face...

^_^ but that's just me~!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    if you asked her what she meant, she would slurringly tell you to go away or she'll overflow her fist in your face...

^_^ but that's just me~!
    That seems more like something Haruko would say, right before she bashed your skull in with her guitar. Mamimi would just make weird noises and look at you like a lost puppy...
    sig by Pyro Psycho

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast