+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What do you think "Overflow" Means? ((FLCL))

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What do you think "Overflow" Means? ((FLCL))

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    Okay, I did a bit of research (checking other forums), and the general consensus is that she is referring to an orgasm, or some kind of pseudo-sexual release. But looking at the entire conversation, and Mechazawa's thoughts, I have another theory:

While Mamimi may have genuine affection for Naota, he's primarily a substitute for his older brother, whom Mamimi dated before he left for America. Touching Naota may make her feel some sort of connection to his brother (I don't think he had any contact with Mamimi after he got to the US), and the overflow may refer to the rush of emotion she'd feel by not having this connection...like Mechazawa said, she's sort of saying she'll go crazy if she can't touch Naota. As for "Probably something amazing", perhaps she means if she loses the connection, she'll have to work through all those emotions and figure out her life on her own, without relying on Naota or his brother. Which would be amazing, but difficult and scary for her.

Let's not forget, Mamimi does seem a little wacky, so the things she says may not really mean anything at all.
    U know what, I like that explaination more. I've been rackin' my brain, rattled as it is, tryin' ta figure out what she was sayin' too. FLCL, from what I understood, was always full of sexual innuendos; but that explaination kinda put the show, for me at least, inna new light. I'll haveta watch the show again and try ta apply what u said ta it.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    Okay, I did a bit of research (checking other forums), and the general consensus is that she is referring to an orgasm, or some kind of pseudo-sexual release. But looking at the entire conversation, and Mechazawa's thoughts, I have another theory:

While Mamimi may have genuine affection for Naota, he's primarily a substitute for his older brother, whom Mamimi dated before he left for America. Touching Naota may make her feel some sort of connection to his brother (I don't think he had any contact with Mamimi after he got to the US), and the overflow may refer to the rush of emotion she'd feel by not having this connection...like Mechazawa said, she's sort of saying she'll go crazy if she can't touch Naota. As for "Probably something amazing", perhaps she means if she loses the connection, she'll have to work through all those emotions and figure out her life on her own, without relying on Naota or his brother. Which would be amazing, but difficult and scary for her.

Let's not forget, Mamimi does seem a little wacky, so the things she says may not really mean anything at all.

Thats kinda funny that lots of people think she's refering to THE GASM .
    Anyway ,I like the theory you have come up with gren, I never
    thought that Mamimi cared about Naota that way
    because it was in one of the later episodes where
    she is calling for Naotas brother and that really
    irratating to Naota. If it weren't for him reminding her of his brother ,I think Mamimi cares for Naota about as much as the cat.

Like what gren said if she had to come to terms that Naota's brother really wasn't going to be a part of her life anymore. Her overflow could mean that she wouldn't be her cheery self but more like when she smokes and the way she was acting while feeding that thing cell phones and scooters.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh no a series that is literally all about sex had another sexual reference.......I am kind of confused why this really needs a whole discussion, it's pretty obvious considering the show...

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Gren's explanation make more sense than everyone elses. But, I would be more satisfied if it was somthing sexual.I mean the creators know that it sounds sexual when they made it, but it could mean sumthing depper than the sexualness~ness of the phrase

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Newbie Chrono12 may be famous one day Chrono12 may be famous one day Chrono12's Avatar
    Thanks

What I think she means is that where she was dating naota's older brother she loved him but she was also falling for Naota and if Noata touched her all her emotions for Noatas Brother would disappear and she would fall in love with Naota. Driving her mental in the process ^-^ IDK thats just my thoughts on it.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    Gren's explanation make more sense than everyone elses. But, I would be more satisfied if it was somthing sexual.I mean the creators know that it sounds sexual when they made it, but it could mean sumthing depper than the sexualness~ness of the phrase
    i completely agree with everything in this post.

and it was pretty funny when mamimi was calling for taskun but all it did was make naota angry.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2