+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ::What are/--/is Fillers?::

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow ::What are/--/is Fillers?::

I don't know if this is the place, but I figure I'd ask, because I've been watching anime for the longest, and I never took notice to these fillers everyones been talking about.

So what are they?

Thank You
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: ::What are/--/is Fillers?::

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The term 'Fillers' is really only applicable to anime series that are based on the story of a on-going manga publication that has not ended. When the producers of the anime series commit the very common sin of catching up with the manga story line the anime is based on, what can they do???
    1. Stop producing the series and wait for more of the manga to be published... Not only does this reduce the value of the spin-off merchandise licensing, it also gives up the TV Network broadcast time slot. And if a more popular series should take the spot, its unlikely the broadcast time slot will go back to the series on hold...
    2. Make up your own ending to the story and end the anime series... Not only will this piss off the original manga fans for deviating from the story, this still suffers from the decline of merchandise licenses and loss of the broadcast time slot...
    3. Make something up that doesn't change the characters or conflict with the current or future manga story and and keep doing this to stall for time until more of the manga story has been published... This is what is referred to as a 'Filler' episode...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Banshee is off to a good start Banshee's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: ::What are/--/is Fillers?::

Ah, good ol' fillers. Tv that gives Catholics something to bomb besides abortion clinics. Though I adore anime, I cannot blame public broadcasting for respecting someone elses property. If you hate spoilers, be greatful for fillers, love.
    Your head would meansomuch to me-ICP Fufufufu

+ Reply to Thread