Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: What got you into anime??

Newbie MyDarkenedSoul is off to a good start MyDarkenedSoul's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What got you into anime??

Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Well i've been wonder what got most people into anime. I mean there are many reasons. Me? I got into since i was little but back then i didn't know it was anime(haha i know but i mean really that was when i was like 4 or something) Anyway i want to know what got you into anime???

Watching Robotech & Starblazers .Though at the time I' didn't know it was anime till I saw the video collections at Block Buster.Akira was what officially got me into Anime,from there on I was hooked.
    Oi! Oi! Portland!
    Boots n' Braces 4 ever!
    Fight Racism!

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

I started reading a manga called Yu-Gi-Oh! and I got hooked on it and one day I was
    flipping through the tv seeing what was on and it was Saturday morning and Yu-Gi-Oh!
    was on WB now called CW and I started watching the show when I was 12 and I didn't
    know what anime or manga was until I started paying a little more attention to my
    Shonen Jump magazines.

Newbie Touko Ryogi is off to a good start Touko Ryogi's Avatar
    Thanks

When I was younger, my brother showed me some episodes he had on a tape of the series "Slayers" and I absolutely fell in love. He was a really old school anime fan, had imported tapes with subs that had been taped over and copied some 5-6 times, the image quality was garbage to put it nicely. However, from there I just found more and more that appealed to me through my brothers collection until I got out on the internet and started finding stuff on my own.

Slayers is still to this day my favorite anime though! It was my gateway.

Otaku babyman is off to a good start babyman's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, it's kinda funny... Before I was into anime I had this friend who watched it alot, and I was like... FREAK! get a life and stop watching all those childish cartoons. One they that friend told me about Airantou, a man stuck on an island full of (somewhat horny ) women... Like the person I am I just couldn't resist to check it out and what the hell, I liked it =D From there I began to watch more anime and also other themes of anime, although ecchi is still a big part of my collection

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

when my step dad was stationed in japan, me and my oldest brothers moved with him. I really got into anime then, i found out that sailor moon was first made there and it was called an anime

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't believe none of you have said Akira. For Me I was born in Goleta, California, So unlike most I never really saw a true anime. All I had seen as a kid but had no clue to what it was was Voltron, Robotech, Sailormoon and Ronin Warriors. It wasn't until the Sci-fi channel came out with anime midnight's back in the early 90's was when I first got to see or even know what the genre "Anime" was and it was by pure chance. I was at my grandmothers house with the flu and I couldn't sleep, so I was laying on the sofa watching tv and channel surfing. While I was channel surfing I saw the Japanese flag on the screen with the sci-fi logo and the words anime midnight above it and just couldn't figure out what "Anime" means, so I was a little bit curious to what it was and so I continued to watch the show. Luck for me the anime movie that was on was Akira and I got bit by the anime bug watching Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star, DBZ, etc. I love Anime for it's ablity to turn art from artwork into a full story like a tv show or even a movie but unlike those things, it shows a different perspective that live action can always strive to perfect but can never show or even come close to get right, that is why I am into Anime and it all started with Akira.

Newbie HentaiGod is off to a good start HentaiGod's Avatar
    Thanks

My brother found out about naruto years ago when there were only a couple of episodes and later on i got into when i knew wher to get it lol then i got into bleach as my second favorite then one piece and so on
    Do not upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that is prohibited by law, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, torturous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.

Newbie McMahan is off to a good start McMahan's Avatar
    Thanks

A friend of mine got me into it truthfully. and it also keeps me out of trouble. But yea i started watching Azomunga Daioh at a friends house and i just started liking anime and since then I have been watching it nad that was likw 3 or 4 years ago. But Pokemon and DBZ i have been watching forever

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast