Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: What got you into anime??

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What got you into anime??

hmmm.... well.... naruto and bleach on youtube on the most part.... then get into it on websights other than youtube watch alot more of anime and go out and read manga's... ya.... .........
    death and life are one and the same

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Uhh, back in like '97 Toonami started to come on CN and everyday when I came home from school I'd watch Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z, but I didn't know that was an Anime, or what Anime even was. One of my best friends and his older brother (Which is also my oldest brother's best friend ) told me that those shows were Anime and basically schooled me on what Anime was. He started to bring over the Broly Movies ( Back when there was just the subbed versions ) and then my dad started to show us Anime movies ( Me and my sister ) like Akira and Princess Mononoke and the Street Fighter movie and from there I just got into it deeper and here I am today!

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Newbie KRaZyAmmo may be famous one day KRaZyAmmo may be famous one day
    Thanks

Way back when I was a little kid, I was watching Pokemon, I didn't even know what anime was at the time. Then I saw my cousins watch Naruto, got attached to that. Then somehow got into bleach(lost track on what episode I was on and has no idea what's going on). Because my cousin was watching Naruto, I wanted to take Japanese class and there I was shown anime movies(sometimes before I started taking class) like Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. I couldn't take any more and got onto the anime bandwangon. and that's how it started.

Newbie Kuinta is off to a good start
    Thanks

A long time ago, I had a lot of things that got me in anime. As a kid, I was really lucky that the uncle was into anime so I got into anime at an early age.Even though the game was already kind of old, I remember playing final fantasy series for the super nes. And then it was days of final fantasy VII and VIII. I remember I had another uncle who had mobile suit gundam manga comics. My cousins then introduced me to anime. Back when I was around eight years old, my first ones were actually Samurai X and Neon Evangelion Genesis. Actually, each time I would go to my cousins' houses they would tell me about more anime like Tenchi Muyo, Vandread, Chobits, and Slayers.

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

i was waiting at my mom's college library and was bored.. i was about 10. i drew, but it all came out dismal..i was a veteran fan of DbZ,yugi oh and sailor moon..
    i was browsing through books i didnt understand when i came across a book on anime and its history..i read it all there, through hiyao miyazaki to hentai..\
    in that book i found a chapter on Revolutionary Girl Utena. i read the version, got the manga from my library, watched episodes on youtube, and ordered the boxed set from amazon. i now completed it by watching the movie. that helped opened the door for good.

Otaku Blackbird is off to a good start Blackbird's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I'm always love to watch cartoons and my first anime was Sailer Moon and it was on dubbed thought but that when I was a little kid and I would like not understand Japanese then it become more popular around here in Sweden and first anime was showing up Card Captor Sakura that was on Japanese and texted in Swedish. Then we have a channel with only animes

Otaku For Life - YouTube - MyAnimeList

Click on my signature to go to ProBlackbird's Blog

Newbie Natsume is off to a good start Natsume's Avatar
    Thanks

What got me into anime: lulz by the first anime I've seen. I started liking it after that.

Newbie Fuuga is off to a good start Fuuga's Avatar
    Thanks

What first got me into anime was seeing tenchi muyo every now and then on cartoon network, and as i watched more of it I had to know what it was all about. So i begain watching outlawstar, and dbz. Then I branched off a bit on the internet with yu yu hakusho, chobits, and ranma 1/2. To this day Tenchi Muyo is my favorite anime and remians one of the things that got me into anime so hardcore.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast