View Poll Results: What Makes A Good Anime?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Art work

6 22.22%
  • Story line

18 66.67%
  • Doesnt matter

3 11.11%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What Makes A Good Anime

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What Makes A Good Anime

Someone should make an "Ask Len" thread, where he answers any and all questions regarding anime. It could be huge, like an anime-themed "Dear Abby".

My only example is "The Legend of the Dog Warriors: The Hakkenden". The storyline was at least original. The animation, however, at times was barely mediocre, and other times looked like it was drawn by a spastic preschooler. It is one of the few series I consider unwatchable, and didn't even bother to finish the last few episodes.

Newbie Uotani is off to a good start Uotani's Avatar
    Thanks

i think its the storyline and the artwork if it doen't flow together then you lose intest and lots of times people don't want to watch somethig poorly drawn even if it has a good plot so i guess they're like ying and yang lol
    ITS A TWISTED SISTER

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    Someone should make an "Ask Len" thread, where he answers any and all questions regarding anime. It could be huge, like an anime-themed "Dear Abby".

My only example is "The Legend of the Dog Warriors: The Hakkenden". The storyline was at least original. The animation, however, at times was barely mediocre, and other times looked like it was drawn by a spastic preschooler. It is one of the few series I consider unwatchable, and didn't even bother to finish the last few episodes.
    I'd understand if their was a "both" option cause I would definitely choose that. But if you had to pick artwork or storyline, I still say more people remember a great story versus the art. I rarely hear someone bring up a show just cause the art was great, unless it had a good storyline to go with it. But I'm sure there are exceptions, as you have pointed out, in which case story can't save a series alone.

Thanks

i think its the plot and the artwork cause if it doesn't flow together no one is going to want to watch the anime they're like ying and yang can't have balance without both
    ITS A TWISTED SISTER

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Hmm, well to me, what matters the most is the story line. There's no point in wasting your precious time in reading something that has absolutely no point. However, the first thing I consider when deciding if an anime is worth watching is the artwork. Artwork has a huge, huge impact on whether or not I'd enjoy the anime. The purpose of Anime is to entertain and please the audience... And it's a little hard to find anime entertaining when you're constantly wincing at it's artwork, no? I could care less about the storyline, unless I like the artwork. I'm just like that. And again, it's only my opinion.

Thanks
    oopes i replied twice haha yeah you do have a point but well with me i lose intrest if they don't have both cause some animes i do watch have an older syle of drawing which isn't as good as now but the storylines are so good that i get used to the artwork i guess i'm contradicting myself(i stink at spelling)

thats a good point but like i said if the artwork is good but the storyline doent flow with it would you still watch it?
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Feb 20, 2007 at 11:06 PM.
    ITS A TWISTED SISTER

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

No, I wouldn't. That is why I said storyline is key. There's no point in wasting my time watching something that has absolutely no point. But artwork does count.

Thanks

yep yep i think we both agree completely lol but do you think if an anime had just great artwork it would be good or also could it work with just a great storyline.... do you think it would still be considered good? JW
    ITS A TWISTED SISTER

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast