View Poll Results: What Makes A Good Anime?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Art work

6 22.22%
  • Story line

18 66.67%
  • Doesnt matter

3 11.11%
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: What Makes A Good Anime

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: What Makes A Good Anime

Hmmm.... well..this is all a matter of opinion. So we can't be too sure. But I think that if an anime has a really good storyline...like, super good... then artwork shouldn't matter so much.. I mean, there have been times where I've watched anime that the artwork wasn't my absolute fav, but I loved the storyline... As for artwork. If there's an anime with beautiful artwork, of course I would watch it. But I wouldn't enjoy it if it had little to none storyline or plot. But knowing me, I'd still watch it for the artwork...

Does that answer you 'JW'? lol..

Newbie AnimeJock4ever is off to a good start AnimeJock4ever's Avatar
    Thanks

There needs to be a "both" option. I think they are equally important because they play off of one another. When you first see a show, the artwork is what catches your attention and makes you interested to see what it is about. However, the storyline is what keeps you interested and coming back for more. If I had to choose though I would say storyline because, even if the artwork isnt the best, if you are interested in the storyline then you will want to know more about it and will watch it, and remember it.

Katie-19

Newbie Vandread_Dita may be famous one day Vandread_Dita may be famous one day Vandread_Dita's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    well, anyone want to give examples of maybe mediocre art but great storlines, and vice versus, a series that has good artwork, but not a good storyline. Cause then we could compare which was better and prove this. If not, I'll do it tomorrow.
    i think gokusen has some of the crappyest art work ive ever seen, but the storyline is amazing. thats the only reason y i watch it.

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

It kinda has both like, this anime movie i watched "gunparade march" it has pain and love theme's in it and all while its trying to base on monster's that are fighting in the sequel lol.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone explain to me what doesn't matter mean. Is it like neither of the two are important, or those people just don't care about the topic. Cause I find it hard to believe someone can say they don't care about the storyline or artwork of a series.

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone explain to me what doesn't matter mean. Is it like neither of the two are important, or those people just don't care about the topic. Cause I find it hard to believe someone can say they don't care about the storyline or artwork of a series.
    It's kinda a really personal matter, either we want the artwork that Inyuasha had or the Ghost in shell had, but the story line like on the other anime show's.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    You could have the case of, let's say a CLAMP otaku, that wants to collect everything associated with CLAMP, and it doesn't matter if its good or bad. The same can be said of 'Dragon Ball' fanatics as well...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Shadow dorothy may be famous one day Shadow dorothy may be famous one day Shadow dorothy's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a good anime if it makes you think or wonder about life.
    shadows what are they.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast