Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What makes an ordinary anime or a classic anime?

Newbie Icecold4u is off to a good start Icecold4u's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What make an ordinary anime on a Classic anime?

What I think makes a classic anime, a good plot (doesn't go off target too much, minor stories staying connected to main one).
    Endurance (explained multiple times already, leaving that lasting effect on your head).
    Unpredictablity, if thats a word, you cant expect everything thats gonna happen within the show, then its boring (reason why I know so many that hate naruto, I love it).
    And something i'm surprised I havent seen anybody put up for a reason (I scanned the replies, if you have posted this)
    Originality, it's classic animes that start the chain of other animes being very close to same/similar to that classic one (IMO)
    All of that has to come together to become classic, and even if that all comes together, it might not be a classic, I say you also need luck, and a reputation to make classic animes.

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What make an ordinary anime on a Classic anime?

It has to be able to stand the test of time, and speak to anime fans for generation to come....in order to do that it must
    -Have lovable, and well developed characters. If people can not get attached to what they are watching then there is no reason for it to last a long time
    -It must have a well developed and entertaining plot. This does not mean one that is deep, while those can make an anime become a classic it's not the end, in the end it must simply just entertain you.
    -Classic themes that show up in many anime, these are harder to define, but if you notice the classics seem to have some connection to one another, even in very subtle and small ways.
    I am sure there is even more then that that must be there too...but to me that is some of the best examples.

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: What makes an ordinary anime or a classic anime?

What about the genre? Most of the classic anime are scifi. I don't remember a lot of shoujo or shonen or another genre. Sci-fi animes have a better choice to become a classic? Please, post a reply, don't leave this thread.
    "Knowledge is power"

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

I would disagree with there being a genre that makes an anime a classic. While it is true that a lot that come to mind are sci-fi ish, they are not all.....I think it's hard to say that genre has anything to do with it when there aren examples of non sci-fi classics. I just think it's coinicdence that so many are sci fi

Otaku Noodles is off to a good start Noodles's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm...
    I would have to say that a classic anime has to have fame everywhere in the world.
    Imean if you look up a type of anime(genre) the first ones you recieve of are usually classics.For example the old classics for Action is DBZ and SciFi is Vandred
    But the newer ones may be: Naruto(action) and Full Metal Alchemist(SciFi)
    Get it
    Mr. Fangs

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Do not post in threads that are older then 30 days.

Closed.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2