+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats better Manga or Anime {Must say why}

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Question Whats better Manga or Anime {Must say why}

Well i like anime usally better there are sometimes when the manga is turned gay and stupid like negima and sometimes the voices are bad on anime but i still would say anime is better out of the two because you can here and picture better whats happening and you see color not saying all mangas are colorless but it gets me more involed into the story.

Newbie cookiemonster is off to a good start cookiemonster's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Whats better Manga or Anime {Must say why}

Ok here is my view, anime - Anime is important because like said before it gives the characters we know and love a voice, it also is a smaller medium and more cost effective. Now before you freak out on me listen, If you buy one DVD for $20 and watch it for two hours thats ten dollars an hour. But if you purchase a manga it takes what 20 min. to read the entire book and they cost $10 a piece, thats at just about $60 an hour. that does not seem cost effective to me. There are goods and bads to anime, its just whether or not you enjoy the story.

Manga - These books are more expensive and they do end way to damn fast, they take up way more shelf room, they generally do come only in black and white. This is not to say that manga is bad, if we did not have manga then we would not have the anime that we all enjoy so much. The manga that we read [I]Always[I]has more story and character development than the anime could ever dream of having, sometime the anime and manga are almost two completely different stories that just use the same characters. The biggest difference ive noticed (this is strictly my own observation) sometimes from translation from page to tv is that the detail in the art work is almost always different and it gets kinda irritating (my own pet peev is inconsistency ,in Oh My Goddess season 2 in the 5th vol when ever there was a screenshot of Belldandy's feet she never had toes 0.0)
    well there is probably a lot that i missed anybody feel like filling in?
    “Keiichi,” Belldandy breathed. “If anodder wooma luuksh at you, I’ll sheal her in a Happy Meal bocksh!”

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Manga.

Reason #1: Over 50% of anime comes from manga. That means most of the storytelling going on is happening the comic format (and a majority of the rest from novels and games). These stories are available in print long before they hits the secondary format of animation.

Reason #2: manga is more accessable. 6,300 yen will buy you an anime DVD. 390 yen will buy you a volume of manga covering the material in 3 anime DVDs. Manga can be enjoyed quietly in a cafe, at home, in bed, on a train, on a bus, at work/school, etc. It is portable and it is cheap. Most adults don't have the time or money to support an anime habit and a job/family/social life. Manga is a smaller commitment financially and timewise that can be enjoyed easily at moments when you're on the run.

Reason #3: Manga involves an element of active mental participation. You aren't fed everything. Like reading a novel: you need to expend some brainpower filling in the holes for yourself. You decide what happens between the panels, how they would look on screen, coloring, voices, etc. You're not fed a full "experience" or a director's image of someone else's work. You read the story the original author wants to tell you and you fill in the rest for yourself.

Reason #4: Reading manga is considered "normal" and acceptable. Watching cartoons all the time is not. Being a fan of animation is something you need to hide from your co-workers and aquaintances... reading comics is something you can share with them.

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yes i know it cost more for anime but you get like i said colors and voices and music and thats why it cost more because its harder to make.

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

ah, I have to pick anime. Why??? Because one, its in color not black and white, two, I can hear the character's voices instead of having to guess, and finally, I don't have t worry about damages! ^^

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Otaku Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine's Avatar
    Thanks

I like anime better. First of all, it's all animated and drawn great, also it has colors and it gives you more depth of what's going on. In anime you can see a lot of details and most importantly you can hear their voices.

Manga's are cool too, but it just attracs me less. It's like a picture book in black and white with text I have to read myself. I can be amusing from time to time, and it's cool to have complete series. And you're alos ahead of the anime, but still... I love to see it animated and worked out... especially battles.

|| I forgot that I might see so many beautiful things - Dreamvisions ||

Newbie Jerunos is off to a good start Jerunos's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i like Anime becuase you can see the action and suspense! But some anime finish early than manga. But anime offers better animation and graphics. But for me i don't mind if it's manga or anime.

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

I like anime more for the pure and simple fact that I like watching action more then reading it.

I don't read action packed books, don't like action packed comics to much, so it seems only fitting that I would not really like manga.

I also must say I read far to fast for me to really consider manga worth it. It does not matter if you do it in a day or a year anime has a set number of hours it will take to watch a whole series. Manga on the other hand I can finish like five in one day. So it's a lot of money for not so much time wasted.

I think they both have their pros and cons, I want to try and read more manga then I currently do but at the end of the day it's anime for me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to animemeg For This Useful Post:

speek no more (Mar 21, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast