+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats better Manga or Anime {Must say why}

Newbie speek no more is off to a good start speek no more's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Whats better Manga or Anime {Must say why}

yeah..I don't much to say..Anime is better without any discutions...
    Watch anime you guys!It's better then manga surely..

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

I am sorta at a half and half on this. Sometimes I can read the Manga and enjoy, but then watch the anime version and hate it.
    Manga seems to be about the same price as the DVD's in my opinion....here in America anyway. I like the fact that I can read Manga just about anywhere in peace. But then again I like to see the movement of the characters. Haruhi's dancing would be no where near as cool in a manga. (Assuming there is a manga of it)

It really depends on the situation for me I guess. So....I am neutral ^_^

Newbie SetoOnlyLove is off to a good start SetoOnlyLove's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't pick I would rather watch it then to read but if I miss the ep then I would read it if I can.

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well I've always seemed to prefer Manga as it's how the Writer/Artist wanted the Anime to be like and isn't confiend to time and money restrictions that can greatly effect the Production of an Anime.

Take Naruto for example. I prefer the manga version as it dosen't have nearly as much Flashbacks during fights which can make the Anime long and protracted yet it still delivers the same package and just as much action. (4 episodes for the first fight with Zabuza that the Manga covers in 1/2 Chapters perfectly!)

Hellsing is also a good example. The Anime has very little to do with the Manga and although is pretty good, once you've read the Manga you easily notice the differance. Seras is way stronger in the Manga and is much more involved within the Story Line as well as Alexander Anderson. that crazy Scot

I still like Animes as sometimes it's great to 'see' the action rather than imagine it and there Animes like Elfen Lied that are just sheer brillance, but I'll always prefer the Books.

It's also easier to read a Manga on a train than Watch an Anime on a Train. (Stupid laptop. No battery life ...mumble...)
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yes but lets say they said you could watch all the anime you wanted and could never read or they said the same thing with manga which choice would you pick to do forever and please pick this time.

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Entertainment preferences. Hmmmm....

Ok i'll do my own comparisons first. Colors are great and all but something in raw black and white can outdo colored ones if executed properly so i would never look down on manga just because of its color scheme. Anime moves(w/c is really an edge) but those still images on the panels of a manga should not be considered mediocre just bcoz it doesn't move, pictures can paint thousands of words. The visual and emotional impact that both can do may not be the same but they're pretty much even. For example, in a fight scene, you actually see everything that's happening complete with the emotional projection of that scene to the viewer. Manga however cannot go on par with anime in visual impact but it can outdo anime emotionally by a great deal if the mangaka(manga artist) and the writer(well, both can only be one person) can work good together(if their styles compliment each other's).

...So voices are good and anime beats manga on this one since you only get speech balloons with one or few words in it. Since anime talks, it is capable of giving out more detail on the this and thats. Manga can be capable of this too but too much usage of speech balloons with so much words in it is definitely a no-no in comicdom since it eats up space and can be difficult to read.

As far as the story goes, yeah most anime came from manga and fans will more likely compare the story of both incarnations. Most of the time Anime have been bashed again and again by fans just because: it doesn't follow the same pace as the manga, or some stuff in the manga don't appear in the anime, and most definitely, the inaccurate portrayal of the story. I don't really have a problem about the pace of the anime even if it gets too long with seasonful of fillers, i can enjoy fillers no matter what. So some stuff in the manga isn't on the anime, it can be disappointing even for me but it doesn't really matter much. The inaccurate portrayals are also okay for me coz in my humble opinion it's already a diff'rent thing, a diff'rent realization and take of what was done before on the pages of a manga. I understand others who want the anime to be faithful to the manga, i want the same thing but not THAT faithful. Although i do compare storylines once in a blue moon, i just think it's fair to appreciate anime in its own way and not just expect and treat it as a spot-on clone of its paper clad cousin.

I appreciate both individually...I wouldn't say anime is the better of the two, it's just what i prefer...

Newbie taro is off to a good start
    Thanks

when it comes to the actual story, i do prefer to read the manga. let's face it, manga tend to not have as much fillers as the anime would and it also adds more insight to the characters and their backgrounds. however, if it's action, then i prefer to watch the anime simply because you could actually see the movements and see people get chopped up and blood gush out and such. it's a beautiful thing!

Otaku xsasukeuchiha is off to a good start xsasukeuchiha's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that the manga is better because it is made the way it was meant to b seen and the anme is sometimes altered
    I am darkness

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast