+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Whats better Manga or Anime {Must say why}

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Whats better Manga or Anime {Must say why}

Quote Originally Posted by The GunGrave of Trigun View Post
    Yes but lets say they said you could watch all the anime you wanted and could never read or they said the same thing with manga which choice would you pick to do forever and please pick this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Well I've always seemed to prefer Manga

I still like Animes as sometimes it's great to 'see' the action rather than imagine it, and there Animes like Elfen Lied that are just sheer brillance, but I'll always prefer the Books.
    I believed they were rather adaquete answers and if I had too choose between Manga and Anime forever it would be Manga without a doubt! The refrences to Naruto and Hellsing were to define my reasoning towards Manga.
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I think manga is and always will be better.

My reasoning is as follows: manga allows for more expansion on storyline, since Its not limited by the screen format. There are just somethings that can be done in Manga that can't be done in animation.

There are also instances where not all the story can covered in the animated series. One prime example of this is Kare Kano. The manga is 21 volumes. The Anime series is 26 episodes, but only covers the first SEVEN volumes of material.

There are also instances where the end of a series is a cliffhanger, a good example of this is Ai Yori Aioshi.
     click to show spoiler

I love animation, always will, but I get more enjoyment out of reading something. Like Tsu said, you actively participate in the experience. Your brain has to work to fill in the blanks.

In animation, everything is done for you. Sure the story's great, its animated, in color, there's voice actors. But you're just a Lazy spectator.

Otaku ~momoko~ may be famous one day ~momoko~ may be famous one day ~momoko~'s Avatar
    Thanks

I like both, and I share the same sentiments when it comes to manga as some have previously stated.
    With anime it is great to see it done beautifully and I like how they incorporate music to suit the theme and mood of the story. It offers more to the senses since you can hear the musical scores, voices of the characters, see them move and enjoy the graphics and different animation styles with colors of course. But there are those numerous times that it doesn't give justice to its manga counterpart as the story is either completely different or is rushed to allocate for the number of episodes. Still, there are those that are very rewarding to see adapted into anime an example of which is "Mushishi" among others.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

I prefer manga. As already mentioned by tsurara:

-Its easy to pick up because it is cheap. It may not feel like that much of a difference in the US as one volume of manga runs for an average of $10 while DVDs average $20~$30. But in Japan manga runs the average of maybe 400yen and DVDs average up to 4000yen+ easily. Not to mention that JP anime DVDs usually only contain two episodes, HALF of the average anime DVD released in the US. So which would you pick up casually?

-You're not fed everything. Character voices for the most part are the biggest thing I say. I think that we all had the thought while watching an animated series of our beloved manga and thought, "I imagined his/her voice would be more/or...." no?

...and personally I find that the story of the manga series tend to go farther than that of the anime series. Sure, I understand that the studios have a budget and everything but sometimes I feel that they steered the story in the wrong direction just to wrap things up to fit it in their number of episodes. Not saying its bad but I find that the manga version is usually better. Example: Full Metal Alchemist, Mahoromatic, etc. But this just my opinion though.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok this is my veiw which my answer is monga : with monga the anime is pure and uncut you never realy have anything blocked out or "edited out". Next the manga set's always have more stuff then the anime movie's and stuff because i dont know about you guys but i get real botherd when i watch a anime half way threw like tenjo tenge and the dvd or "anime" set ends at a point where it left alot out as for the monga it shows everything making the veiwing pleasures of the anime more enjoyable. So with this i say that that is why i like manga more.
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Otaku TheLastDarkAngel is off to a good start TheLastDarkAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

well i like the animes better. even though the manga may have more detail and u don't have to worry if the vocies sound completely stupid i just like sitting down with friends to watch an anime (u really can't share at the same time a manga with 5 different friends) and i prefer movie and sound better then frame by frame. anime as a more pesonal touch to it then the manga.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say anime if it moved according to the original manga .. since i saw so many animes destructed compared to their original manga ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post
    I would say anime if it moved according to the original manga .. since i saw so many animes destructed compared to their original manga ...
    my friend i not only agree with you but its what i have been saying myself lol if they make the anime as they did the monga it could even sell better ^_^ the agin i could be wrong lol but if the dvd or show sets of anime put everything in more people would like it and buy it they could even sell it for abit more if it had everything because i know i'd pay a little more to know i got it all like in the monga.
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast