+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 37

Thread: whats up with adult swim

  1. #9
    Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hell and/or New Mexico
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: whats up with adult swim

    Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    I totally agree with what you are saying here, but often times the anime shows they get are crap. So why bother watching an anime show you don't like.
    They have gotten
    -Paranio Agent
    -Bebop
    -Trigun
    -Witch Hunter Robin
    -FLCL
    -Wolf's Rain
    -Eureka 7
    -NGE
    -InuYasha
    -Death Note
    -Bleach
    -Ghost in the Shell
    -Read or Die OAV
    -Kakurenbo (the movie)

    I can't even remember how many others.... And not a single one got good ratings.... Honestly there has to be at least one anime that they have shown that you like? That the majority of anime fans would say is ok.... Yet not a single one of their anime shows has ever gotten good ratings.

    I hear everyone.... I understand wanting more anime on as and at better times. What you have to realize is this is not a recent problem... This has been on going for more then five years. Adult Swim just can't get good ratings on anime no matter what they do.

    So until they see proof that their anime will do ok they pretty much give up. Maybe if they revived some of those old anime again they would do better.... But for so long they did crappy it's pretty much a done deal.

    If you want to see changes all I can say is getting as many people as possible to turn on anime on adult swim... Even if they don't watch it... To have their tv on it.... Higher ratings is the only hope.... But I doubt now they will get them

  2. #10
    You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,293
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 38 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: whats up with adult swim

    Quote Originally Posted by animemeg View Post
    They have gotten
    -Paranio Agent
    -Bebop
    -Trigun
    -Witch Hunter Robin
    -FLCL
    -Wolf's Rain
    -Eureka 7
    -NGE
    -InuYasha
    -Death Note
    -Bleach
    -Ghost in the Shell
    -Read or Die OAV
    -Kakurenbo (the movie)

    I can't even remember how many others.... And not a single one got good ratings.... Honestly there has to be at least one anime that they have shown that you like? That the majority of anime fans would say is ok.... Yet not a single one of their anime shows has ever gotten good ratings.

    I hear everyone.... I understand wanting more anime on as and at better times. What you have to realize is this is not a recent problem... This has been on going for more then five years. Adult Swim just can't get good ratings on anime no matter what they do.

    So until they see proof that their anime will do ok they pretty much give up. Maybe if they revived some of those old anime again they would do better.... But for so long they did crappy it's pretty much a done deal.

    If you want to see changes all I can say is getting as many people as possible to turn on anime on adult swim... Even if they don't watch it... To have their tv on it.... Higher ratings is the only hope.... But I doubt now they will get them
    Well, all those anime shows you have listed were pretty good in their original version (Japanese version). Perhaps, they didn't get any good ratings because of how crappy American seiyus. I am not saying all American seiyus suck, there are a few that sound pretty good.

  3. #11
    Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hell and/or New Mexico
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: whats up with adult swim

    Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    Well, all those anime shows you have listed were pretty good in their original version (Japanese version). Perhaps, they didn't get any good ratings because of how crappy American seiyus. I am not saying all American seiyus suck, there are a few that sound pretty good.
    I have seen both the Japanese and American version of all those anime... There really is no difference.

    People say that all the time but honestly nope. The only thing cut was some mild curse words and the slightest bit of blood.

    NGE was not even editted at all from what I remember.

    Other then 4kids I think you would be hard pressed to find an anime that is completely changed when brought over... In fact changed at all.... The only thing that does happen is mild curse word and blood edditting for tv, which is left in the dvds.

    Changing anime dramatically is an old and almost dead practice... If not for 4kids it would be totally dead

  4. #12
    Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    1,043
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Re: whats up with adult swim

    Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    Well, all those anime shows you have listed were pretty good in their original version (Japanese version). Perhaps, they didn't get any good ratings because of how crappy American seiyus. I am not saying all American seiyus suck, there are a few that sound pretty good.
    I'll assume by seiyus you mean the American dub. In that case, I'm with animemeg in that you can't really blame the American dub. I usually prefer subtitles myself, but some of the anime [AS] has aired actually had good dubs to begin with. Just look at FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, NGE, Ghost in the Shell, and even Trigun and Wolf's Rain to certain respects.

    I'm leaning towards animemeg's argument in the end. I used to (somewhat) lurk the [AS] forums back in the day, and it's exactly how animemeg described. People ask and beg for more anime, but the turnout isn't the same on the TV.

    Oh well, in this day and age with the internet and all possible streaming/downloading options, it's a surprise they haven't completely taken anime off.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no Kage
    When it originally started, back when it had the clips of the senior citizens in the pool before and after commercials, it was a dream for anime fans. Yu Yu Hakusho, Gundam 0083, Trigun, Tenchi Muyou, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop...ahhh, the good days. Than came the [as] "originals" like Aqua Teen Hunger Force and the such. Tis was tolerable when it aired off on the sides, but now we must deal with it as the main part of [adult swim], even on Saturdays which we used to be able to refer to as "Action Saturday" it takes up the entirety of [adult swim].
    Boy do I remember those days. I looked forward every weekend for those shows. It was a guaranteed hours worth of sitting in front of the TV. And after it was over, I'd roll into bed happy. You forgot Candidate for Goddess though. It was called Pilot Candidate when it aired on [AS], and it was one of my favorites for some reason. Yu Yu Hakusho was that shizzz too.


    We all have to remember too, I've always remembered [AS] for being daring as to what kind of programming they put on TV. Not that they don't pay attention to what we want, necessarily, but they've never been afraid of putting weird stuff on. Granted, these days it's gotten a bit too far-fetched for me.

  5. #13
    Otaku crazy canadin emo kid is off to a good start crazy canadin emo kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    in a place whare i cant see a place whare im dead and broken
    Posts
    376
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: whats up with adult swim

    well just think for a min. do you reamber the days when toonami had the middnight run anime played on there nonstop everone whached it thay had so much money comeing in like mad cazy and so caz if that adult swim bought the middnight run and thay bought it for the anime now that thay are takeing it off no one whaches it no moure so lets do some thing about it let all whach the anime on it and saterdays too and not every one has the internet too ok so some of us can only whach anime on the tv
    the one and only show that rocks my socks
    the one show that i cant live
    with out.

    soul society will live on forever in the minds of its poeple!!!

  6. #14
    The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    507
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 78 Times in 75 Posts

    Re: whats up with adult swim

    I think they should make Saturday just anime. and if they don't have any new anime to show then show old shows that were never on AO like Tenchi Muyo or sum crap like that.

    I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

  7. #15
    Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hell and/or New Mexico
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: whats up with adult swim

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy canadin emo kid View Post
    well just think for a min. do you reamber the days when toonami had the middnight run anime played on there nonstop everone whached it thay had so much money comeing in like mad cazy and so caz if that adult swim bought the middnight run and thay bought it for the anime now that thay are takeing it off no one whaches it no moure so lets do some thing about it let all whach the anime on it and saterdays too and not every one has the internet too ok so some of us can only whach anime on the tv
    Toonami was never that successful with their all night anime thing.... I don't know where you get those facts or ideas... Had they really be doing as awesome as you say they would not have pulled it

    And to Jokerman I do remeber a time when they had a full night devoted to nothing but anime... And as I mentioned before it flopped.... I also believe it was Saturday... They gave up a massive time slot and got nothing for it

  8. #16
    Otaku crazy canadin emo kid is off to a good start crazy canadin emo kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    in a place whare i cant see a place whare im dead and broken
    Posts
    376
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: whats up with adult swim

    Quote Originally Posted by animemeg View Post
    Toonami was never that successful with their all night anime thing.... I don't know where you get those facts or ideas... Had they really be doing as awesome as you say they would not have pulled it

    And to Jokerman I do remeber a time when they had a full night devoted to nothing but anime... And as I mentioned before it flopped.... I also believe it was Saturday... They gave up a massive time slot and got nothing for it
    well toonami did have the middnight run and it was so good that adult swim bought the rights to the time slots so i dont know whare you get your info and im not trying to be mean but i made this topic caz of the fact adult swim is falling caz thay are loseing the fans that whach only the anime
    the one and only show that rocks my socks
    the one show that i cant live
    with out.

    soul society will live on forever in the minds of its poeple!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Adult Swim is becoming more violent
    By Shodokan in forum Anime
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2007, 02:37 PM
  2. Anime on Adult Swim
    By The White Wolf in forum Anime
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2007, 07:46 PM
  3. Adult swim???
    By Drkduality in forum Anime
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: Jul 31, 2006, 11:13 PM
  4. What happend to adult swim?
    By rock on in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jan 24, 2006, 07:22 PM
  5. Adult Swim
    By Rook in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jun 15, 2005, 05:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts