Closed Thread
Page 94 of 213 FirstFirst ... 44 84 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 104 144 194 ... LastLast

Thread: what's your favorite anime series ever??

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: what's your fav anime serie ever??

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta
    Close call between several anime for second place, I'm going to go ahead and assume that multiple episode OAVs count as a series. Naruto, Hunter X Hunter, Aa! Megami-sama, Record of Lodoss War (OAV), The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Cowboy Bebop, and a few others which names are escaping me at the moment.

As for first place, no surprise here......Anything Saber Marionette J.
    I would like to add Full Metal Alchemist to this list. Not sure about adding Samurai Champloo to it....I'm on episode 17 and so far it's about B+, close but not quite top notch.

Newbie ~diva.. may be famous one day ~diva.. may be famous one day ~diva..'s Avatar
    Thanks
    without question, without hesitation & without consequence ~ BERSERK.. perhaps the most intensive anime that i crossed paths with, in both manga & anime formats.. words don't do it justice ~ it must be experienced..

one's amusement is another's terror.. ~diva..

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ~diva..
    without question, without hesitation & without consequence ~ BERSERK.. perhaps the most intensive anime that i crossed paths with, in both manga & anime formats.. words don't do it justice ~ it must be experienced..
    Oh, so you like BERSERK... then I dare you to watch through to the end the series called 'Now and Then, Here and There'. This series may not have as much Blood as 'Berserk' does, but it is easily the most BRUTAL anime series in my personal collection. This is one of the more over-looked (but shouldn't be...) series that has recently been released in a more affordable collection price.

I think the series director Akitaro Daichi (Fruits Basket, Jubei-chan, Kodocha) did it just to prove to the world that he's capable of doing something serious instead of his more normal light-hearted comedy series...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie sosoChan may be famous one day sosoChan may be famous one day sosoChan's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a looooooooooooooond list but these are my10 favorites:

1. One Piece
    2. Naruto
    3. Ranma 1/2
    4. Fruits basket
    5. Please teacher
    6. Kare kano
    7. Super Gals
    8. Love Hina
    9. Ruruni Kenshin
    10. Slam dunk
    and lots lots more

Newbie flojo2005 may be famous one day flojo2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

peach girl........is the best

Newbie Gundam-Freedom may be famous one day Gundam-Freedom may be famous one day Gundam-Freedom's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sosoChan
    I have a looooooooooooooond list but these are my10 favorites:

1. One Piece
    2. Naruto
    3. Ranma 1/2
    4. Fruits basket
    5. Please teacher
    6. Kare kano
    7. Super Gals
    8. Love Hina
    9. Ruruni Kenshin
    10. Slam dunk
    and lots lots more
    u didnn't metion Bleach.... it's the best anime I've watch

Fave Animes: 高達wing, 高達seed,高達第08MS小隊,高達ZZ,頭文字D,naruto,bleach,stu dio ghibli,龍珠Z,名偵探柯南,數碼暴龍,天地無用 etc

Newbie ~diva.. may be famous one day ~diva.. may be famous one day ~diva..'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Oh, so you like BERSERK... then I dare you to watch through to the end the series called 'Now and Then, Here and There'. This series may not have as much Blood as 'Berserk' does, but it is easily the most BRUTAL anime series in my personal collection. This is one of the more over-looked (but shouldn't be...) series that has recently been released in a more affordable collection price.

I think the series director Akitaro Daichi (Fruits Basket, Jubei-chan, Kodocha) did it just to prove to the world that he's capable of doing something serious instead of his more normal light-hearted comedy series...
    BRUTAL is not why i appreciate BERSERK...being a student of occult studies, i admire this anime for the theories that it holds ~ especially that of the politics of what it means to be King, & the legacy of the God Hand, even though the God Hand pulled many ideas from the records of Philip LeMerchand...the God Hand is equivalent to the Cenobites, & the Behelit reminds me of the Lament Configuration & so forth.. but yes, these elements (in addition to Guts, Griffith & Caska) intrigue me..

however...since you "dared" me, looks like i have little choice than to challenge your recommendation......the threads of fate *smirks* ~ so be it, i'll look into this anime & once i've reviewed it ~ i'll let you know what i think, but bewarned ~ i don't gloss anything when it comes to critiquing anime..

one's amusement is another's terror.. ~diva..

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ~diva..
    ...being a student of occult studies, i admire this anime for the theories that it holds ~ especially that of the politics of what it means to be King, & the legacy of the God Hand, even though the God Hand pulled many ideas from the records of Philip LeMerchand...
    What you mean to say is that the writers of Berzerk did some cribbing from Clive Barker. There are no "theories," just adaptation of another's work in the same way that Eva's writers adapted the works of 50's sci-fi authors.

There is no occult to Clive Barker, just a publishing contract and a gigantic bank account.

That, though, is a whole other thread topic.

But do indeed check out Now and Then, Here and There. It is an excellent piece of work. It's not so brutal in the idea of blood, guts, etc. The brutality comes from the fact that it doesn't pull any punches when dealing with "touchy" subjects.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Closed Thread
Page 94 of 213 FirstFirst ... 44 84 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 104 144 194 ... LastLast