+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When Cicadas Cry

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: When Cicadas Cry

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    Man...this series caught me off guard. I bought it without any knowledge of it beforehand...I never thought that it'd be such a "dark" feeling anime. Ah...what was it? It was either the preview or the openings to one of the episodes...the one in which Rika-chan (so cute...but...) is with Shion and she...well, takes the knife and puts it to her head...(>x<) Ugh...I hate children, girls getting injured...both in anime and in the real world.

But I guess thats what makes it good, the gap between in the "light" and the "dark", between the normal days and the "HOLY CRAP!! WTF is going on!?" days.

...and from what I've watched I can agree that Shion's arc IS the most terrifying.
    Yes, that scene with Rika and the knife freaks me out... And the laughter that is coming from Shion... EEeeek! Scary! >.<;;

I thought it was going to be a pretty anime - Until I saw the opening sequence.

I do love how it leaves many questions unanswered in the first season. It makes you use your imagination and come up with theories on your own.

I do want to know more about the actual "curse" that is happening, and about the actual history of the village. Rena gives a little insight in the last few episodes, but it is still really vague.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw some of the scenes on youtube...[With the horrible english dub ><] and it looked pretty...not exactly creepy but more of a Sci-fi type thing I guess I'd call it. [I bet one of my friends would love it xD] The creepy scenes didn't phase me, but I'm that it would terrify some people. The whole Rika Knife scene was the first one I ever saw, which was well...intresting. Don't watch it before bed is my idea though...yeah.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman View Post
    I saw some of the scenes on youtube...[With the horrible english dub ><] and it looked pretty...not exactly creepy but more of a Sci-fi type thing I guess I'd call it. [I bet one of my friends would love it xD] The creepy scenes didn't phase me, but I'm that it would terrify some people. The whole Rika Knife scene was the first one I ever saw, which was well...intresting. Don't watch it before bed is my idea though...yeah.
    Once you start watching the full episodes, it is indeed creepy. The Sci-Fi angle is definitely there, almost in a Twilight Zone sort of way (please tell me you guys aren't too young to remember that show). And it isn't just the violence that's key, it's the character's reactions; when any of the girls (or even Keiichi) have a breakdown, it's almost more frightening than any of the killings. Don't watch Shion's arc before bedtime, the look on her face was enough to give me nightmares.

Rena's arc was great too, not nearly as bloody as Shion's, but the final scenes on the rooftop were excellent.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    Rena's arc was great too, not nearly as bloody as Shion's, but the final scenes on the rooftop were excellent.
    I loved the scenes on the roof!
    I really wasn't expecting something like that. I loved how they brought in the aspect of game club into it. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2