+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where can I find Anime on TV?

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've noticed recently that anime is dead on tv, where can you find a tv station that playes anime on tv, I am not talking about Ani-Monday on SCI-FI, or that laughable one hour on adult swim with another one hour at five o'clock on sunday morning all at late, late, late night tv. I mean like toonami, or afterschool cartoon blocks on the big networks. I know that this is old but I found out this week that Toonami is dead, but we already knew that would happen after they moved it into the saturday slot and that it would be only a matter of time until it would die. And so my question is where can you find a cable network that plays anime on tv during reasonable hours. Most of the anime that I have bought was on Cartoon Network, b/c I saw it on either Toonami or Adult Swim and after I saw it I bought them because I enjoyed what was on that much. Now that those shows are gone from Cartoon network, what will I watch on tv. If it was not for Toonami, I would have never of seen a variety of different anime if not for that anime block, which I think is sad for us who remember coming home at four o'clock and turning on the tv and watching two-three hours of anime every weekday. That is why I think I won't watch Cartoon Network anymore b/c what's the point of watching a network that spit's on it viewers and show anything other than cartoon's, I thought that it was a cartoon network, but I guess not. I will stop this little rant b/c I have vented enough and now say listen to these two podcast from other disappointed fans, Anime World Order and SHAFT (Super Happy Anime Fun Time), to find the same filling that I feel about this situation. Can anyone answer this question or talk about what it was like to watch Toonami and how they feel about this situation.

Still nobody knows, well it would help if I said that I live in Goleta,CA and I have Cox cable, maybe?
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Nov 13, 2008 at 11:55 PM.

Newbie NinjaRyu is off to a good start NinjaRyu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Where can I find Anime on TV?

Have you tried the anime network or the funimation channel? Here are links to there show listings if you decide to get them.
    http://www. funimationchannel.com/programming.html
    http://www.theanimenetwork.com/show-...hp?alpha_num=8

Adding to what was already said you can also find anime on YouTube watch it then decide if you want to buy hope this helps more.
    Last edited by NinjaRyu; Nov 15, 2008 at 02:15 AM. Reason: More information
    "I've come to deliver some bad luck" Train Hartnett

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

iO gives you the option of "anime on demand" which you could take great advantage of.

other than that im thinking adult swim on cartoon network.
    Why hello there!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoDeath90 For This Useful Post:

Franco (Nov 14, 2008)

Admin Cowboy Bebop is off to a good start Cowboy Bebop's Avatar
    Thanks

Weekend Preview: Anime News | AnimeOnlineBlog.com. Check out today's story on AnimeOnlineBlog.com, which provides a link to one place to legally watch free Anime Online.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy Bebop For This Useful Post:

Franco (Nov 14, 2008)

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRyu View Post
    Have you tried the anime network or the funimation channel?
    No, here it is charged seperately then expanded cable and cost just like a premium channel (like HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    iO gives you the option of "anime on demand" which you could take great advantage of.

other than that im thinking adult swim on cartoon network.
    Here Funimation network offers a on demand service, but I am on a budget right now and so all I have is pretty much basic and the expanded package which means the only channel I get is Cartoon Network, but like I said it seems that CN doesn't care much for anime anymore because it is at odd times and which is why I have stopped watching it on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Bebop View Post
    Weekend Preview: Anime News | AnimeOnlineBlog.com. Check out today's story on AnimeOnlineBlog.com, which provides a link to one place to legally watch free Anime Online.
    Thanks I will

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

'The Click' column on Anime News Network probably has the most complete listing of Anime program schedules, and the cable networks that their going to appear on...

The Click - Anime News Network
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread