+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: where do you see those anime series

Newbie TealGreenFrog is off to a good start TealGreenFrog's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: where do you see those anime series

I have watched a lot of anime series and manga from the county library here. Some of the series may be missing a DVD, it is really bad if the last DVD/manga is missing, I try to search for it online. If I cannot find it then I write it down and see at a later time if I can find it. I use wikipedia to get some background like how many episodes of an anime or what number of manga were released/if on going, etc. KakuRenBo:hide and seek was one that I did not really grasp. After reading what it said there and rewatched it (it is not that long) I enjoyed it better.

I have bought anime from rightstuf.com (one f), buy.com, amazon.com and walmart. The ones I am interested in, I keep in my favorites and check it periodically to see when it goes on sale.

I hope this helps.
    TealGreenFrog

"Don't look back. If you got something to do, then only look forward." - Kurogane ( RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE)

Otaku Taelana may be famous one day Taelana may be famous one day Taelana's Avatar
    *tap tap tap...I'm right here...Dont you see me?
    Thanks

I would say I buy most of my anime thru half.com or from Best Buys and my manga from Borders bookstore. I started watching Adult Swim, but its starting to dwindle and then I watch a lot on Ondemand. Sometimes it has a great selection on there, but they change em like once every few weeks which sucks cuz I breeze those in one night (sigh sad but true). I subscribe to alot of fansub sites too, but I still like to own my own though 8)
    Mukuchi ni naruhodo suki yo yasashi sa doushitara mieru no
    daikishimete motto tsuyoku atataka na mune wo shinjiru yo
    Sayonara solitia ashita he

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

I always get DBZ and i get videos like 2$ each and plug my vcr in i have like 35 videos also borrow from my library and burn it. My anime mag sometimes has like 3 full episodes.
    Buy it from speciality stores ussually school rumble FMA negima melancholy of hahuri suzumiya and internet le chavlier déon gundam seed gs destiny gs wing gs 00 and eureka7 ramna videos i get neon genisis videos tokyo undergroung internet InuYasha seperate seasons apni poni dash.... so many more AND INTERNET I MEAN EBAY AND RIGHT STUF

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

Otaku elvin is off to a good start elvin's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Re: where do you see those anime series

wow. you borrow it from your library....? so youre making collections of anime series or what? most of those series you get it from stores?
    ::::...Chery_Strawbery...::::

Newbie TealGreenFrog is off to a good start TealGreenFrog's Avatar
    Thanks

I borrow it from the library to see if I like it enough to buy it. Our county library has a big collection of manga and anime. Anime has really grown popular in this area. The librarians and I have discussed it and we agree that reading something is better than reading nothing. (referring to the mangas) If it gets kids of all ages to read, should it matter what it is? If the anime sparks kids to read then it is a win/win situation. The library also has an anime club that meets frequently.

The sites that I listed vary in price and will fluctuate by having lower and higher prices. For example, there was a series I wanted to get on sale I saw earlier this week but decided to wait a little bit and I checked it today it jumped up almost thirty dollars. I want to watch it again so I will go to the library and wait until it goes on sale again so I can own it.

The library only gets official DVDs, so if the library has it then it should be available. Series like Wolf Rain, Pretear, Naruto, Bleach, Scrapped Princess, Princess Tutu, Last Exile, R.O.D., Boys over Flowers, Fruits Basket, Inuyasha etc. to name a few that they have that I can think
    Samurai 7, Escaflowne were two series that were missing the ending DVD. Scrapped Princess was missing one DVD in the middle of the series. That I could think of. I am hoping that one day they will be returned. Some of the manga series are like that also.
    The library also has movies, OVAs and shorts.

I have also seen some animes in movie rental stores.

There is a place that resells books and movies called half price book store in our area that also sells anime. At times, it really goes on sale (unadvertised) where I have gotten a volume of an anime (example DNAngel, Bubblegum Crisis) for a couple of dollars. There may be a store like that in your area.
    TealGreenFrog

"Don't look back. If you got something to do, then only look forward." - Kurogane ( RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TealGreenFrog For This Useful Post:

elvin (Jan 19, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2