+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where/Why do you think Toonami failed?

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Where/Why do you think Toonami failed?

I think Toonami may have failed for two reasons. The most important reason being because the dubbed shows were so terrible. I mean as a kid and being a kid you don't think of the production value of a show and maybe why that's why Toonami stayed around as long as it did. Besides DBZ's fantastic dub's IMO.

Or maybe it's because we don't have to worry about the editing if we see the shows subbed online. After we turned a certain age we noticed that characters in an anime just got stabbed and barely any blood showed up, or that a character says a word but really means to say another. We then get the idea to just watch the shows subbed.

I think that anime on CW is just going downhill anyway. If they were to maybe air shows subbed and unedited on Adult Swim then they may get fans back. But it seems like CW, or Adult Swim rather dread even putting anime on their schedules. I wonder why that's the case too, but that's for another topic

So what do you guys think?

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Newbie Martin Z is off to a good start Martin Z's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Where/Why do you think Toonami failed?

I did nt know it did... wow
    Martin Z

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Z View Post
    I did nt know it did... wow
    Mhm it did. On September 20, 2008. TOM's final words before the end were: "Well, this is the end, beautiful friends. After more than 11 years, this is Toonami's final broadcast. It's been a lot of fun, and we'd like to thank each and every one of you who made this journey with us. Toonami wouldn't have been anything without you. Hopefully, we've left you with some good memories. So, until we meet again, stay gold. Bang."

And He said "Bang" because he did the voice of Spike in Cowboy Bebop and that's what Spike said at the end of the series.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Toonami failed right after the original Tom got booted. Or killed....whatever. Basically Toonami hit its peak years ago, and really it should have gone out with a bang. At least they ended it appropriately by doing that so literally.

It was originally a great block of shows, but then it started getting kind of desperate for new materials. This happened after CN's most popular shows either ended or were struggling to continue. Therefore, I think Toonami really should have ended earlier, but who am I to judge?
    Why hello there!

A Returning Soul Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Toonami failed for me in a number of ways.

1) They changed weekdays to Saturday nights was my biggest annoyance with Toonami

2) They kept on changing Tom around and at the end he looked like some seven year old's toy

3) When they started to rely on DragonBall GT and Naruto to save themselves and they seemed to only air Shonen Jump.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22388&dateline=123367  5260

Newbie AnimeJock4ever is off to a good start AnimeJock4ever's Avatar
    Thanks

one reason i think Toonami failed is becaus it was so inconsistant. one week they would start a series and then all of a sudden they werent airing it anymore. that was so annoying because i would just be starting to get into the show. i also didnt like that they kept changing Tom's appearance, i agree he looked like a toy at the end. I think Adult Swim is getting worse too. They are already droping shows without finishing them (Moribito). After Code Geass is over they will only have Bleach and the older series. What are they going to add new, another dumbass comedy that makes no since and looks disgusting most of the time.awsome... whatever, at least SciFi has been consistant with finishing out all of its series.

Katie-19

Otaku Jewel of Atlantis Champion, Project 156 Champion, Suna Sudoku Champion, Virus 3 Hex Options Champion kaki tori kaizoku is off to a good start kaki tori kaizoku's Avatar
    Thanks

1. the kept changing tom. he looks like a toy
    2. you didn't know when to watch. the schedule was pretty messed up. on some animes they just left you there in the middle.
    3. it lost its variety and relied on few big name animes to pull them through.

they were great at first. but like all great things the must fade with time.

My Youtube My Deviant
    Goal: 363/500 posts to elite member

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

It seemed as though they were trying to get Toonami off the air. The anime that they would show wasn't particularly good(Naruto, One Piece, and Zatch Bell were the only ones worth watching, and even those have their faults). I think that the only reason that Toonami didn't die immediately was because of dbz, when it did air it, and then Naruto.
    The only reason that I can think of that explains the horrible anime that they broadcasted was that maybe they couldn't get any other anime because of too much blood, violence, or vulgarity(they barely skimmed by with Naruto and dbz).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast