+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why cards?

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why cards?

Because cards are an incredibly easy and cheap investment ~ as long as pre-existing artwork is used OR the cards are just translated from a Japanese version: the company in question already owns the rights to existing images for cards and needs only to print them.

Printing itself is incredibly cheap... but the mark-up on little bits of paper is insane if you can create the illusion of value by making them pretty to look at and useable in some sort of game. Most card game-mechanics are plug-and-play following the Magic or Pokemon model and it's easy enough to promote a game for a year and then stop printing it entirely when interest wears down.

"collectable" anything has quite a bit of appeal... especially in societies where children and young teenagers have too much money and nothing to do with it.

(I think you guys actually have more anime CCGs than we do. We've got Yu-gi-oh and Duel Masters right now... that's about it. Other cards may exist... but no one uses them. Kids are too obsessed with the card/arcade game thing here... Love and Berry, Wanchan to Issyo, Mushikingu, Kirarin Revolution, etc.)
    Last edited by tsurara; Sep 18, 2007 at 04:29 PM.

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

I must say the only real card anime game that was big was yu gi oh and it was big because it had easy rules and you got to play the same game the show did it was just fun.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm with GunGrave of Trigun ,Yu-Gi-Oh! was a very big game ,it was my first try i wasn't interested in cards before that but i'm now a big fan of playing Yu-Gi-Oh! cards games
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Yes i see that a lot of you are in to Yu-gi-oh! Right now and that some of you are form different areas of the world so you dont have the big "fad" Of the cards that we have here in the US.

I myself too agree with GunGrave, and think that Yugioh! Is the best! becaus eyou can learn form watching th show. I have many cards to that (yes i still play them) game and more people play it up here! I had Digimon but it got confusing so i sold them, Now i am mainly collecting Yu-Gi-Oh! And Poke'mon, And Magic cards.

The ones i know how to play the best though is Yugioh! If you have a problem you can look to the show for reference! And it also has a wider spread, But if you have poke'mon you cant watch the show to figuer out stratagies.

Oh now i'm rambling. Thank you all for your replies!
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

ok so I own about 700 yu-gi-oh cards at the moment...
    the game is big is S.A at the moment.
    I even went to the nationals, but I was knocked out,
    Magic does not intrest me at all, I would rather find someone to duel,
    yes we do have throw downs every now and then, and tournaments are a great place to get new cards... so I say have fun with them.

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Do you play with others online! Because there is rarely any one to duel here, and i dont want to travel 600 miles to go to a tournoment, so i do the online battels!
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Newbie Kenshinzen is off to a good start Kenshinzen's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to throw my 2 zen's worth in now. Played Pokemon, Magic, Yugi (still got at least 3 decks built) and Legend of the Five Rings (L5R). By far the best one (personal opinion here) is L5R - samurai based ccg. Quite fun.
    And to reply to the main topic here, instead of trying to sell L5R: Its a twofold process, these new ccg's. Either kids watch the anime and say 'I wanna be like that', etc and buy the cards. Or they get the cards and say 'I wanna know about X', etc and watch the anime. Its all about business I'm afraid.

But thats all just my opinion.
    House Hermit No.1 - Thankyou, may I ahve another?

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

I play Yu-Gi-Oh and the Bleach trading card game. It's just fun to chill and do something like that some times. I like Yu-Gi-Oh because it doesn't use energies, mana, or resources. It's just so much faster than other games. The collecting aspect is another fun part.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast