+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: The Worst Anime Voice-Overs

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Worst Anime Voice-Overs

ASTROBOY!!

Yeah, definitely Astroboy! Have you seen that old-ass anime? I remember watching an episode and one of the villians said, "I'll blow you........ And your robot to smitherines!!" LOL. So, I'm sitting there at first like, "He'll blow him???" then you hear, "And your robot to smitherines!" I couldn't help but laugh!

I know it's a super old show and that dubbing really sucked back then, but I'd have to say that Astroboy is BY FAR the worst dubbed anime yet! ^_^ (Which is sad, because I LOVE Astroboy)

Newbie AngelMage is off to a good start AngelMage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zyta View Post
    Worst one in my opnion has to go for dubbed Naruto. i can't stand hearing it without cringing >.< *flinch*
    Yeah I think so too,I understad naruto is supposed to be 12 or so years old at the start of the series but man did they have to stick with the same voice actor cause it doesn't fit but I dunno what naruto sounds like in japanese though.-^-^-;

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    ASTROBOY!!

Yeah, definitely Astroboy! Have you seen that old-ass anime? I remember watching an episode and one of the villians said, "I'll blow you........ And your robot to smitherines!!" LOL. So, I'm sitting there at first like, "He'll blow him???" then you hear, "And your robot to smitherines!" I couldn't help but laugh!

I know it's a super old show and that dubbing really sucked back then, but I'd have to say that Astroboy is BY FAR the worst dubbed anime yet! ^_^ (Which is sad, because I LOVE Astroboy)
    Uh are you talking about the old black and white version that aired on AS[AduiltSwim] or the remake that aired on CN[CartoonNetwork] because I think they both sounded bad.-^-^-;

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

I find Naruto's voice annoying, but I tolerate, because I love the show.

Hands down the worst cast voice-overs EVER has to be Speed racer. Did the actors even look at the screen? Sounds more like they just spit the words out wherever they want.

However, there is one voice that just makes my head tick. I believe the characters name is Ryouko Uchida. She's the researcher from Noein. She has the WORST southern drawl I have ever heard! She' terrible! She doesn't even have good timing! They must change her voice. If she bought the dust in the next episode, it couldn't please me more. I'm getting that head tick just thinking about her.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Any where the characters can't properly pronounce their own names:

ie. Card Captor Sakura: "SAH-koo-rah" = "SuhKOOruh" *cringe*
    Inu Yasha: "KAH-goh-meh" = "KuhGOHmee" ?*shiver*

Seriously... NAMES do not change their pronunciation to match the language of the dub! We don't change the name "Jorge" to "GEORGE-jay" because that's what it looks like to us...

It's just indicative of incredibly laziness on the part of the actors and their scriptwriters (who probably didn't bother to tell them the way the name should actually be pronounced)
    "GEORGE-jay" made me laugh... And yes, I TOTALLY agree with Tsurara. I'm a perfectionist, so naturally, any tiny detail that doesn't suit my tastes makes me cringe.

The worst dubs I've ever heard? Not sure; I've erased most of them from my mind—which unfortunately, the memories do eventually come back. The only one that I can remember right now is the guy who did Ashitaka's voice in Princess Mononoke. When he said—and I'm paraphrasing here, not exactly sure on the exact words— "to see with eyes unclouded... by hate," or right before he shot that guy's arm off with an arrow and said "You there, stop!" or something along the lines of that... That guy just made me want to scream. He did, he really did. He sounded so... unnatural. My dad's GPS voice with the female British accent sounded a lot more natural to that... Well,, actually, it sounds a lot more natural to most of the dubs I've heard, but...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Newbie Kouzuki Kallen is off to a good start Kouzuki Kallen's Avatar
    Thanks

i always watch in Japaness dubs, i love ishida akira!!! I hate english dubs

Newbie YomiYui is off to a good start YomiYui's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    To be honest, I hate most English dubs. The only ones I can actually watch and enjoy are Cowboy Bebop and Trigun.
    I really hate the English dub for Naruto - Every character except Sasuke is annoying as hell. I love Naruto in Japanese, don't get me wrong.
    Same with Bleach - The English voices annoy me greatly - But in Japanese it's awesome. ?_?
    yea. i hate eng dubs. they sound annoying or unprofessional.^^'''

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6