Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: the worst things about anime

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

the worst things about anime

ok in my opinion the bad thing abotu anime is when the characters act like babies and just sit there liek there paralyzed or somthin and then the thign or whoever or whtever the bad guy is in teh anime kills there freinsd or family and they just lay there an twicht even when they ahve a gun or somethin they just lay there i mean COME on be a man
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: the worst things about anime

Well, for me, it's really quite a technical thing, you see...

The worst thing about anime (characters) is that they're too perfect... Generally.

For a major part (or in most cases) they have:

Perfect skin, perfect teeth, perfect hair, exact body proportions (or impossible yet flawless ones)... etc.

They have also deleted the need to take baths, sew tattered clothes, heal wounds/correct fractures, take a piss... and well, you know the rest...

But seriously, we still watch anime, right?

I guess its in fulfillment to the human need of perfection... (Not that I'm labelling that specific kind of art as "perfect")

On a side note: The worst thing about anime itself is the unending use of stereotypes, stereotypes, and more stereotypes...

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

ur so right thast kinda why we watch it bc its things we wish we could do or bodies we wish we had we wana look at this stuff its a fantasy world and it interst us anime is only for peopel with a imaginatin and can appriecaite the art of anime

Otaku darkflames may be famous one day darkflames may be famous one day darkflames's Avatar
    Thanks

Well for me the worst thing about anime is with some of the bad guys keep coming back so that gets annoying. Or the plot is bad.

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkflames View Post
    Well for me the worst thing about anime is with some of the bad guys keep coming back so that gets annoying.
    Well, yes... That is another thing.

The villains also tend to blab and reveal every single detail of their plans as well... Go figure...

Somehow, this correlates with the idea of how protagonists "should" look cool, and antagonists, nasty. Mostly, that is.

Take, for example, Mikagami's first Dark Martial Combat battle (Recca no Honou). [Sorry, all I can think of as of now]

With a few hits, Mikagami bleeds a little, barely flinches.

But once he strikes the opposition back, the enemy bleeds 5x more and makes the most excruciatingly unbearable face and grunt...

Thanks

thats all really often but the thign I CANT STAND is when the hereos have bad ass powers but just lay there i mean get ur but up an dfight and ther elike I CANT KILL ....*sniff i cant* if i were a bad ass anime charater i would put my foot down and do some serious but kicking and use kage bunshin bo justsu(Shadow Clone Jutsu)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1988 View Post
    ok in my opinion the bad thing abotu anime is when the characters act like babies and just sit there liek there paralyzed or somthin and then the thign or whoever or whtever the bad guy is in teh anime kills there freinsd or family and they just lay there an twicht even when they ahve a gun or somethin they just lay there i mean COME on be a man
    But is this any worse then your then your typical Hollywood Teenage Slasher flick where your promiscuous drug hazed victims get slaughtered like sheep?

Though this does bring up a interesting point... One of the few Hollywood entertainment genre that has no anime equivalent is the 'Teenage Slasher' genre. 'Demon Hunter' genre (e.g. 'Devil Lady', 'Vampire Princess Miyu') might be the closest, but teenagers appear to have alot more respect in anime...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

Worst things? You mean the less focus on plot and the animation quality? This thread is hard, since none of the things mentioned apply to all or even most of anime. Some anime has too much fan service and many times it feels forced.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast