Closed Thread

Thread: "x"

Newbie misschococat may be famous one day misschococat may be famous one day misschococat's Avatar
    Thanks

"x"

I just want to say how much i love this series. I ended up getting a copy of X/1999 at my local blockbuster just for something to waste time with...and boy was i surprised. Now 1 year later and more than $500 bucks forever gone from my savings, I own the complete series in all the original packaging, the movie and the box sets. But i was completely surprised to find out from the Clamp website that this series is based on the book of revelations from the bible. Did anyone else know about this? Am i the only one? I've never been a religious person (and i don't knock anyone who is! so don't take this in an offensive manner) but it was just a surprise. So all i am saying is that, (for me that is) religion when well hidden is a good thing. And i still love my "X" no matter what.

Newbie legacy2Bwritten may be famous one day legacy2Bwritten may be famous one day legacy2Bwritten's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: "x"

Well X is probably my favorite anime ever. This anime/movie is great. I was kind of hard to understand the ending though I didn't really expect Fuma to live so noncholantly and having Kamui die. The story I thought was really good thought and the characters too. But I never really knew it was based on a religious text, lol. But it does deal with faith, judgement, and angels.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: "x"

X/1999 = <3

Mmmmm. I have to say I enjoyed it thoroughly. The manga was great, and the anime was just as good. CLAMP is known for inserting that sort of stuff into their stories. I'm not particularly surprised. A lot of cryptic, some Bible-based stuff. (see Wish and XXXHolic)

Closed Thread