Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yaoi -why?-

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Yaoi -why?-

wow.....maybe a little to informative Innerhell..........0.o

well at lest every one will under stand it now
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Newbie kairimun1988 may be famous one day kairimun1988 may be famous one day kairimun1988's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Yaoi (my opinion)

wow, I was truly amazed that someone actually NOTICED that! lols

Yaoi and Yuri IS, completely, as I see it... far too popular...!
    I am obsessed with it, but, hey, i'm actually 'bi' irl, so I actually HAVE reason... I support Gay and Lesbian rights, too =) I even participated in the movement that was at my school.

aaanywho..... I believe both irl, in anime, OC, and in peoples heads is fine... But, seriously people... if you agree with it in an anime or fanfic... AGREE WITH IT IRL!!!

....arigatou!

oh, and, PS.......... seriously ask yourselves something if yaou SAY you approve of gay/lesbian/bi couples... if you saw a male and his male partner kiss on the street... would you: a.) look away, b.) smile at how comfortable they are with each other, or c.) think it's disgusting?
    ......Myself? I have a girlfriend and a boyfriend, and I hang out with all of my friends and THEIR bf's/gf's, so why would I mind or be against it? remember, think on that, please.
    Last edited by kairimun1988; Feb 16, 2007 at 11:01 AM. Reason: errors in typing

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

Why does anybody like anything that they like?
    There is no logical explanation for why people are into the things they are into, so live and let live

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    you might want to post in The Introductions Forum. And also read the Rules.
    Leave the moderation jobs to the AO staff. Do NOT pretend to be a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by animemeg View Post
    Why does anybody like anything that they like?
    There is no logical explanation for why people are into the things they are into, so live and let live
    There usually are reasons as to why people like something.

It is a fact that most people who like homosexuality in fiction are girls. I figure it has something to do with the usual reasons like "homosexuality is wrong and therefore exciting". Another reason could be that just like in real life, women can relate more easily to homosexual men than heterosexual men.

As to why the obsession exists in such an extreme way in anime/manga:
    Anime/manga characters usually look very ambiguous. Making the male/female transition a lot easier to imagine.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

as someon who was into yaoi/shonen-ai/BL whatever, i say this...

it's a phase for most people. just a phase.

for most people, namely most girls, they're so interested becuz they themselves have no boy-love. so, they are angered when they see and boy and girl together, however, when theysee two boys together... it feels more right to them becuz it's cute. then it develops into an obssession... however, when they actually get a boyfriend, it usually goes away, since their need for love has been satisied. i say this from expirience.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember the one time a man/man romance anime was on my tv. My mom walked in on a weird moment of some kissing, looked at me, then walked out, ah good times................as for me, I'm not into it, but people have their own tastes in things. Be it fantasy or what not, just let it be.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    as someon who was into yaoi/shonen-ai/BL whatever, i say this...

it's a phase for most people. just a phase.

for most people, namely most girls, they're so interested becuz they themselves have no boy-love. so, they are angered when they see and boy and girl together, however, when theysee two boys together... it feels more right to them becuz it's cute. then it develops into an obssession... however, when they actually get a boyfriend, it usually goes away, since their need for love has been satisied. i say this from expirience.
    That makes so very much sense, Abu Dhabi...Thank you for saying this. I was very confused for a while, seeing how no one really answered the question. But you did. And your explination makes a lot of sense. Of course they would want something to replace the need for love....and of course they would look into boyxboy; since they can't get a boy to love them, why not have two boys to love each other, instead of a boyxgirl relationship where they'd feel even worse. This makes it all the more understandable! Thank you!

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay...
    Straight up, I love seeing hot anime guys snuggle and make out.
    ((Just being honest!))
    Not only that, I stopped caring if an anime was yoai or yuri or whatever...
    If it's a good story, super. It it just so happens that it's yaoi... Even better for me. ^_^

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast