+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite or Ideal Decade...

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Your Favorite or Ideal Decade...

Yeah just like whAT the title sez, this thread is about your favorite or ideal decade in anime. I'm gonna give the choices from 60s onwards, but if any of you like to include pre-60s stuff feel free to do so. Please state the reasons why you like that decade(s)and you also have the choice to state some of its achievements and contributions.

I will include the names of some notable animes that originated on each decade just to give you an idea.

60s: Astro Boy and Tetsujin 28(Gigantor)

70s: Space Battleship Yamato, Mobile Suit Gundam, and Doraemon

80s: Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Akira, and Game Center Arashi

90s: DBZ, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Rurouni Kenshin

2000-present: Naruto, Death Note, and RahXephon

*please don't include a list of the animes(of your chosen decade) like this one, we're not doing a list thread here...Just include anime names in your explanation and don't do a separate list for it.*

For me it's a toss-up between the 70s and 80s...Some of my favorites came from that era, those favorites include shows like IDEON, Space Battleship Yamato and some notable others. I wasn't even born yet during the 70s but for me there are just too many shows during the 70s that i've seen and enjoyed...There are still lots of 70s shows that i wish to watch but because they're old those shows are becoming harder and harder to find. The chances of finding a dvd of some 2nd-string 70s show are really slim. Shows from the 70s never got as much commercial success compared to the 80s-90s shows but the 70s was an era of inspiration. Lots of would-be anime fans and artists alike owe it to the 70s.

Many would consider the 80s as the golden age of anime and on a minimal note i agree with those people. There are lots of really successful shows in terms of commercial success. The fanbase started growing and the sales started skyrocketing. Artists and writers started to take on casual themes like video gaming(game center arashi)and cooking(mr. ajikko)...The 80s simply made anime reach out to the mainstream crowd.

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your Favorite or Ideal Decade...

Mmhh,
    Well considering all the decades have one or two great anime you have listed aswell as the others that were released in those specific Times it's going to be very hard.

Well I'm sorry to be choosing 3 decades but in my opinion they all have significant Anime .
    So my favourites would 70s 80s 90s 2000. Well my favourites from all these decades would be NGE 90s, FMA Present, GITS series 90s- ???, Mobile suit gundam 70s, Studio ghibli films Present and Akira 80s.

Obviously I have many more. But these stand out in the particular Decades I have picked out.

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

My favorite decades are the 80's and Today. I enjoy 80s anime like Akira and Robotech also. I like modern anime, because let's face it the animes of that time have the best visuals and quality.

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess that my favorite would either be the 70s or 80s. Shows like Voltron, G-Force, Robotech and the like are what got me hooked on anime early. Then I started watching more and more and discovered Dancougar and Mobile Suit Gundam. All of these shows helped set the standards for todays anime.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hantei16 View Post
    Yeah just like whAT the title sez, this thread is about your favorite or ideal decade in anime. I'm gonna give the choices from 60s onwards, but if any of you like to include pre-60s stuff feel free to do so. Please state the reasons why you like that decade(s)and you also have the choice to state some of its achievements and contributions.

I will include the names of some notable animes that originated on each decade just to give you an idea.

60s: Astro Boy and Tetsujin 28(Gigantor)

70s: Space Battleship Yamato, Mobile Suit Gundam, and Doraemon

80s: Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Akira, and Game Center Arashi

90s: DBZ, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Rurouni Kenshin

2000-present: Naruto, Death Note, and RahXephon

*please don't include a list of the animes(of your chosen decade) like this one, we're not doing a list thread here...Just include anime names in your explanation and don't do a separate list for it.*

For me it's a toss-up between the 70s and 80s...Some of my favorites came from that era, those favorites include shows like IDEON, Space Battleship Yamato and some notable others. I wasn't even born yet during the 70s but for me there are just too many shows during the 70s that i've seen and enjoyed...There are still lots of 70s shows that i wish to watch but because they're old those shows are becoming harder and harder to find. The chances of finding a dvd of some 2nd-string 70s show are really slim. Shows from the 70s never got as much commercial success compared to the 80s-90s shows but the 70s was an era of inspiration. Lots of would-be anime fans and artists alike owe it to the 70s.

Many would consider the 80s as the golden age of anime and on a minimal note i agree with those people. There are lots of really successful shows in terms of commercial success. The fanbase started growing and the sales started skyrocketing. Artists and writers started to take on casual themes like video gaming(game center arashi)and cooking(mr. ajikko)...The 80s simply made anime reach out to the mainstream crowd.
    2000 and above to me as an overall ... simply because of the drawing styles (there are always good plots in all times[80s ,90 and above 2000] so i don't have to worry about that) ... like "Chrno Crusade" and "Darker Than Black" ... and the proof to me is i can't get into Dragon Ball Z till this second BUT i liked some of the 80s like "Cyber 009" and from 90s like "Aoki Densetsu Shoot!" and like that ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

90s I suppose... Though not for the anime you mentioned

Otaku yinyangAio1 is off to a good start yinyangAio1's Avatar
    Thanks

The 90s to the present like The Slayers, and Tenchi Muyo series. I also like the more present animes like Blood +, Death Note, and Bleach.

oops...they saw us...*to you* Hi...you didn't just see that...

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm gonna have to be lame and say current time. I'm prety shallow and picky when it comes to what anime I'll watch. If something doesn't have bright, attractive art, or has odd character design I may not even give it a chance. for example, I've never seen a full episode of One Piece or Lupin the Third, and yet I dislike them. The faded hand drawn colors of Lupin, and the art of both simply annoy me. My anime has an expiration date, and it's determined by technology. Manga however is colorless, so I'm more inclined to give a wider variety of those a try. Ah it may seem elitist, but I'm just that kind of guy. Go ahead, I'm prepared for the disagreements.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast