Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Youtube or...

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

Youtube or...

I was wondering should i watch anime on youtube or through that other way that doesn't involve paying.(I'm not sure whether I can say it. Better safe than sorry.) I have an external hard drive of 320GB.(Well at least that's what it said on the box. It's really only 298. They should've just said 300.)I'm wondering because I find no reason to uselessly fill up my hard drive. The other reason being that I prefer to watch anime in english; Youtube mostly has subs

P.S. What's the difference between OVA and OAV? Also does one mean a sequel or the first series in a show?
    Last edited by Hoods; Jan 01, 2007 at 10:22 PM. Reason: I wanted to ask something else
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Youtube or...

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Personally, I wouldn't get into the habit of depending on YouTube for your Anime fix, as there either going to have to crack down on video postings, or start being subjected to massive law suits...

If you want to watch Anime with a English sound track for free, your only legitimate source is to have cable and watch the programs on Cartoon Network, or one of the other premium Anime channels. Otherwise, you have to do what everyone else should do, purchase the DVDs and encourage the dometic industry to purchase and dub more Anime series...

One of the issues with the Anime distributors in the US is that sales of DVDs have stopped growing, and in some cases, have actually shrunk. This is the primary reason why your not seeing as many new series being licensed for US dubbing and distribution then it was just a few years ago. Those Internet groups that are distributing copies of DVD rips of the English dubs no doubt enjoy the knowledge that their killing off the industry that produces the products that they love...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Yeah I've noticed that liscenced anime is quickly reported and removed. But they don't remove it if it is broken up into parts.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

YOU TELL EM LEN lol to be honest i am a youtuber but he is right dont depend on youtube because you cant be guarrenteed tht all the episodes are there but i mean if you wana go ahead
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

This thread....nevermind. Enjoy your piss poor ass sound and image quality. With downloads, you can still delete them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoods View Post
    P.S. What's the difference between OVA and OAV? Also does one mean a sequel or the first series in a show?
    Means hentai. Anime put out on DVD and whatever first, not TV/movie.

Thanks

I'm still not clear. Which one is hentai? Tenchi Muyo had sequels that were called OVA. I was interested in watching Happy Leson but with all the OVA's + OAV's I'm not sure where to start.

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

You took me seriously. I was pointing out that a lot of hentai are OVAs.

OVA=OAV.

If you don't know where to start, check Anime News Network. They'll show which are prequals/sequals/adaptations/etc. The even have pages that explain a great amount of anime related terms are.

Newbie Ajescent may be famous one day Ajescent may be famous one day Ajescent's Avatar
    Thanks

where would you go to get Anime in the native tongue but obvously with English subs? I for one don't seem to like the English dubs of some Animes (*Cough* Naruto *Cough*).
    And The Balrogs Shall Inherit The Land...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast