Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Youtube or...

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Youtube or...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoods View Post
    I was wondering should i watch anime on youtube or through that other way that doesn't involve paying.(I'm not sure whether I can say it. Better safe than sorry.) I have an external hard drive of 320GB.(Well at least that's what it said on the box. It's really only 298. They should've just said 300.)I'm wondering because I find no reason to uselessly fill up my hard drive. The other reason being that I prefer to watch anime in english; Youtube mostly has subs

P.S. What's the difference between OVA and OAV? Also does one mean a sequel or the first series in a show?
    About the hard drive:
    It's correct. Sellers count per gigabyte (1000) while your computer counts in groups of 1024.

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh so that's why it says that. (I still don't get it.) lol
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Oh so that's why it says that. (I still don't get it.) lol
    Okay, nice and slow this time:

OVA and OAV are the same thing.
    OVA: Original Video Animation
    OAV: Original Animated Video

About the hard disk:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The prefixes used for byte measurements are usually the same as the SI prefixes used for other measurements, but have slightly different values. The former are based on powers of 1,024 (210), a convenient binary number, while the SI prefixes are based on powers of 1,000 (103), a convenient decimal number.
    Do you see? The retailers give you the amount of hard disk space based on units of 1000Mb = 1Gb.
    This is the "SI prefix": SI prefix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    BUT
    The actual amount of space on the hard disk is counted with the "binary prefix": Binary prefix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This uses 1024Mb = 1Gb.

The higher the amount, the higher the difference between the two numbers.

In your case this would be:

1Kb = 1024 bytes, 1 Mb = 1024 Kb --> 1024 *1024 = 1048576 bytes, 1 Gb = 1024 Mb: 1048576*1024 = 1073741824 bytes
    320 000 000 000 / 1073741824 = 298 023 223 876 bytes
    298 023 223 876 bytes = +/- 298Gb
    Last edited by Hassun; Jan 08, 2007 at 06:08 AM.

Newbie school_girl.fire may be famous one day school_girl.fire may be famous one day school_girl.fire's Avatar
    Thanks

I was wondering should i watch anime on youtube or through that other way that doesn't involve paying.(I'm not sure whether I can say it. Better safe than sorry.) I have an external hard drive of 320GB.(Well at least that's what it said on the box. It's really only 298. They should've just said 300.)I'm wondering because I find no reason to uselessly fill up my hard drive. The other reason being that I prefer to watch anime in english; Youtube mostly has subs

P.S. What's the difference between OVA and OAV? Also does one mean a sequel or the first series in a show?
    Hey not only youtube has subs with anime. This website does too and in my opinion the screan is clearer
    <link removed>
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Jan 11, 2007 at 08:49 PM.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE

To quote the Forum Rules...
    Do not upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that is prohibited by law, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, torturous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
    This include posting links to Licensed Material, or to sites that post links to Licensed Material
    Please read the Forum rules located here... Anime Online Forums - FAQ: ANIME ONLINE RULES:

Time to close this thread...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2