Closed Thread

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! 10th Anniversary Special Announced!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Yu-Gi-Oh! 10th Anniversary Special Announced!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now what would happen if the main character Deck Master of 'Yu-Gi-Oh! Dual Monsters', 'Yu-Gi-Oh! GX' and 'Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D' all appeared in the same room together? This is no longer a hypothetical situation, as the Yu-Gi-Oh! 10th Anniversary Special has been announced, and is now in production, to be distributed as a part of this years 'Shounen Jump Fest' video collection...

Yu-Gi-Oh! 10th Special to Unite 3 Series' Heroes - Anime News Network

Now for those of you who have seen all three series (I haven't...) how do the main characters from these different series compare???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! 10th Anniversary Special Announced!

I've only seen Duel Monsters and 5Ds and both main characters are quite similar on many levels, though I think the original main character has more of a 'cheating' streak. >_>

My bet's placed on the original to kick ass.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Otaku darkninja is off to a good start darkninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Well for starters their the same but different because one they both have signature summons and play using duel disk also they are made by the same creator i think. different because they have different people, problems and ways of dueling.

But if this was to happen i think between yugi and yusei would win... Then again yugi would win cause he is the KING OF GAMES. If he were to use the god cards he would definetly win!!!

@Zyta: I agree when ever yugi turned into yami yugi aka king ahtim he would win everytime 0_o

Newbie Railen is off to a good start
    Thanks

Good day. I randomly came across this thread (hail google!) and made an account just to post my opinion. The question is how the three main characters compare with each other- let's see.

Yugi: Which one are we talking about? When we're talking about little Yugi, we find the trueharted main character that barely anyone acknowledges. And yet, not only is he pure of heart, friendly and kind, respecting towards his opponent, he also is a better duelist than his other side, Yami Yugi (Atem).

I wouldn't say Atem is the polar opposite of Yugi, but they don't come quite close either. In fact, Atem could be just as good an enemy - he duels with a lot more blah-blah, dramatic style and he does talk about revenge and everything. Not something you'd expect from a main character! As for his duelling; he's good, of course, but not quite as good as many believe he is. This probably is because he's depending too much on his Egyption Gods, and because of the scriptwriters - they just didn't know how to duel properly back then. Atem's advantage over Yugi is that he plays much more agressive - Yugi tends to hold back a lot.

Jaden: Without a doubt a great main character. Helps everyone, isn't selfish at all, does everything for the greater good and doesn't get angry-angry about stuff. Jaden's disadvantage would be his naivety; he often underestimates the situation and is a little too optimistic about everything. He's a good duelist though, with a balanced deck at times (since he has about all Hero fusion monsters in existence, he never gets without them) and like all main characters, a good portion of luck.

Yusei: I wouldn't call him the best character ever created, but he does get close! He might not be as compliant/spazzy/overly helping like Jaden or as pure-hearted like Yugi, but unlike the others he's REALISTIC. His kind would be rare (god, he's still unbelievably righteous, friendly, helpful and everything) but not in a way that's never seen. Apart from that, his duelling is unequalled. Not only does he have a good balanced deck (that changes often), a couple of good ace cards and the luck-dosis, but he actually THINKS about his moves. If someone who never played Yugioh would watch 5Ds from the start, he/she wouldn't understand a bit of it - it's actually a decent version of grown-up duelling. When I have to pick out the best duels ever made, about all of them would come from Yugioh 5D's.

In conclusion! Theoretically, Atem should beat everything as the King Of Games and the ancient Pharaoh.. Followed by Yusei, then Jaden. But as I see it, Yusei is on top.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules...
    Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 1 month or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Please read the Forum Rules located here... Anime Online - FAQ: GENERAL RULES:

Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread