+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AMV Contest - September 07 - WINNER = aceman67

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

AMV Contest - September 07 - WINNER = aceman67

Ok people, after an OK turn out, it is finally time to see the entries!

The voting will be done by non-competing staff this time around and will last until Sunday October 7th 11:59 PM EST, at which point I will announce the winner.

Now on to the submissions!!! (In order of submission)

1) aceman67
    Entry:
    Submitter: Aceman67
    AMV Title: Fall Into You
    ++| A M V - Video Information: Fall Into You <---- Strongly Recommended, YouCrap doesn't do the video Justice.
    YouTube - Fall Into You
    Length: 3:54
    Size: 46.1 MB
    Format: Windows Media Video (WMV)

Video Footage from:
    Movie: The End of Evangelion
    Series: Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Production Studio: Gainax

Audio from:
    Group/Artist: Sum 41
    Song: Hooch
    Album: Does This Look Infected

General Information:

This is a small 2 day project that I started after Listening to "Hooch" by Sum-41.

Warning!!
    This AMV will Spoil the movie for you.
    2) Blade X
    Entry:
    Submitter: Blade X
    AMV Title: Dante's Doomsday
    Dante's Doomsday
    Length: 3:34
    Size: 30 MB
    Format: AVI

Video Footage from:
    Series: Devil May Cry anime
    Production Studio: Madhouse

Audio from:
    Group/Artist: Atreyu
    Song: Doomsday

General Information:
    Dante's enemies keep coming, is his Doomsday inevitable?
    3) Xelhes
    Entry:
    Submitter: Xelhes
    AMV Title: The Animal I have Become
    My Entry's URL: YouTube - Animal I have Become AMV
    Length: 4:56
    Size: Not Sure
    Format: AVI & MPEG-4

Video Footage from:
    Series: Naruto
    Game: Final fantasy XIII
    Movie: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children
    Game: Tales Of The Abyss

Audio from:
    Group/Artist: Three Days Grace
    Song:Animal I have Become

General Information:
    I really wanted to see if i could pull off a amv with a combination of other series instead of just sticking with one i used many i used alot of scense to show the darkness in others and the other sides of the characters

This contains Spoilers of Tales of the abyss because i use clips from the game so if you want to watch do so but dont say i dint warn you
    The votes are in and a very special...
    Congrats to aceman67 on winning the second AMV contest in a row!
    Last edited by Hassun; Oct 08, 2007 at 12:47 PM. Reason: spelling

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: AMV Contest - September 07 - WINNER = aceman67

-.- damn it.....guess it's back to the drawing board then. and any feedback on this?

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Wait what? How did he..never mind i really dont even care....
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Congrats aceman67. The others were also very good and thanks to Blade X and Xelhes for your efforts on yours.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Here are some quotes from the staff voting thread, in the interest of keeping the people who voted unknown, I'm not giving names:

My order of preference was:

1. aceman67
    2. Xehles
    3. Blade X

Xehles had the best overall ending credits. Blade X's ending credits were not scrolling smoothly.

aceman67 contained fast paced music and then later sad and compelling music which I liked. I also liked how aceman67 opened the AMV with the music fading out and text on the screen before the main scenes started.
    Mine are:

Aceman67
    Blade X
    Xelhes

Agree with *removed*, ace has a really good mix of fast paced and slow music....

AceMAN - As always, superior work. The song choice and scenes fit together nicely. the up-temo stuff is what i like mixed in with a bit of mellowness, you dont see that very often,

Bladex - didnt mind the song, liked the idea of the choice of anime (being a dmc vet, i kinda hate it though.) nice enough to beat out Xeh

Xelhes , OVERDONE!!!!!! and nothing new AT ALL ...imo

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I normally give my honest feedback so here it is:

1) Ace - superb vid as usual, needs my platinum addition footage for total pwnage, lol

2) BladeX - You showed the most improvement I think I have seen from 1 vid to another...for Youtube the quality wasn't that bad which means a AMV.org one would havemade it look much better Song choice was very nice and fit but you could have worked out a bit more of the story of it...seemed the vid was still a bit too much all over the place. Also the ending still needs some work but you are getting much better so hang in there!!!

3) Xelhes...I was disappointed in this one, I have seen much better work from you...not in the technical aspect but the story was just not there...that is a problem with using footage from multiple series...it hurts the vid 99% of the time more than it helps. Very few multi song/series vids out there that are really good. It reduces footage for each one to a low amount already low due to the length of the song...makes it tell too little of any of them to do you any good. Now I did really like your intro/ending theme more than I liked the vid...what was that song? Also the FFXIII footage was all you needed IMO, going to be one bad game

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

My order of preference was:
    1. aceman67
    2. Xehles
    3. Blade X
    Xehles had the best overall ending credits. Blade X's ending credits were not scrolling smoothly.

But I thought participants were to make reference to AO also somewhere??

aceman67 contained fast paced music and then later sad and compelling music which I liked. I also liked how aceman67 opened the AMV with the music fading out and text on the screen before the main scenes started.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Aceman67= It had a nice intro and the song of choice was also good.

Xelhes= This one as well had a great intro, however, adding Naruto killed the whole thing.

BladeX= I like the show you chose, but the song of choice didn't fit with DMC at all.

Overall, i think that the three of you did a terrific job on yours AMVs. That being said, i hope to see more of yours AMVs in the next AMV contest. Also, be aware because i might actually submit something this time so, be in the look out of my AMV masterpiece.

Best regards,

ketaro AO's most hated bastard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast