View Poll Results: Which person had the best AMV?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • aceman67

7 20.59%
  • Blade X

4 11.76%
  • Naruto1988

5 14.71%
  • atomik_sprout

2 5.88%
  • Shippo101

11 32.35%
  • Sazuka

4 11.76%
  • mori-oni

1 2.94%
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Anime Music Video (AMV) contest VOTING!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Music Video (AMV) contest VOTING!

Just a reminder that voting ends tonight at 11:59 PM. Vote for your favorite video, cause this is your last chance

Otaku Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308's Avatar
    Thanks

This is so hard to choose! All the videos are great! Well I have to say I give my vote to Naruto1988.

Temari: Naruto's own Wind Charmer.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to give my feedback to each of the contestants, as I am sure most of you won’t get any here. Please take my comments as a means to “help” you work on things that will make you better. Thus please take this as just my OPINION. You each did a great job and I can’t wait for the next contest!

Special congratulations to Shippo101 for winning the contest being the contestant with the most votes and then to aceman67 as well for tying up second place in the voting.

aceman67 – Even though I have seen this AMV from you before, it was still very nicely done, the flow and theme of the AMV was steady and evident from start to finish. Though it may not have been evident to someone who hasn’t watched NGE, you still did a killer job with it. The musical score and series choice was superb and the video was a joy to watch. The only thing I would have liked to seen different was something new so I good have some “shock and awe” lol. Congrads on second place!

Bladex – a nice attempt. It would have been much nicer to use a host other then YouTube as well given YouTube kills the quality of the footage so much...and with something of the quality of Hellsing’s OVA’s…was a shame. The song choice was heavy, fast and strong which goes well with the rawness of Hellsing however I didn’t feel the song did much else for the AMV. Even though the lyrics went well with the theme of Hellsing, it just never got me there...maybe it was just me? Likewise there was too much continuous series footage. That makes the AMV “feel” more like you just stuck music to an episode of the series. I know that you had breaks in there and that the footage jumped around. But I am just saying it gives that “feel” to the AMV and you don’t want that. Play with it some more when you get more of the OVA’s and see if bouncing around in the footage a bit more doesn’t help.

Naruto1988 – Subtitles are so not cool in AMV’s, HOWEVER I fully understand why they are there given the source footage. I guess it begs the question of if it may have been better to capture your own footage from the game making sure the subtitles were turned off. Likewise a host other then YouTube would have been nice as well so we could see the AMV in better quality. Now besides that… the vid was “great”. The song choice, effects you used as well as scene transitional blending were fabulous. You did very well in capturing your intended purpose and theme of the vid and it showed you put a lot into this one as well. Better footage was the only thing this one needed IMO.

atomik_sprout – YouTube, not so hot footage with subtitles (I saw the adult Swim logo O_O) and a whole slew of other things…all went wrong for you. It is really hard to take footage from multiple series and not loose the watcher in a bunch of scenes that don’t make sense to them. Normally if you are going to use multiple series then you need to make sure that the footage chosen matches the music very closely. Meaning the scenes mimic what is happening in the lyrics. Now don’t get me wrong the vid was “ok” and a lot better then some of the “first” vids I have seen, but it just seemed to lack a focus and needed better planning on what you want out of it. Try again using just footage from Naruto and practice with matching the footage to the music a bit more and see if you (as well as those watching) aren’t happier with how it turns out.

Shippo101 – The intro music was awkward and didn’t fit the vid…even though it was just the intro…it should complement the vid not confuse people. I thought you had messed up and forgot who you used music wise. I would suggest doing something different there. Overall I felt your AMV was “good” it flowed well and the song fit nicely, the quality of video wasn’t the best but I am not going to beat a dead horse with the YouTube and subtitle comments…so aside from that it was well done. Congrads on the win!

Sazuka – I LOVED the song choice but unfortunately I have no clue how it was supposed to tie to the series or footage you used…granted I haven’t seen the series you used but maybe something with a character like Vash from Trigun would fit the song better? Also the ending was abrupt and I felt you could have put something there to help. I must say thank you for the AMV.org upload and quality of footage!

mori-oni – Quality of footage was still low (subtitles x_x) even though you did use AMV.org, I felt the song choice…while it did fit the series…it made me want to fall a sleep instead of watch the vid (and I am a fan of TRC) there were a few jerky places but you did at least use some blending effects and it was evident you at least put thought into the vid (which can’t be said for a majority of vids out there)!

Again, I am grateful for each participant and felt you all did very well given your various skills, congrads to each of you and I hope to see more from you all next time!
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Jul 07, 2007 at 09:13 PM.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

First of all, I'd like to say congrats to Shippo101 on being the winner of the AMV contest! Mad props to you! ^_^

Secondly, I'd like to say thank you to Chiefblackhammer for your comments on my AMV and to all the other contestants for being such good sports! ^_^

I'm hoping that there will be another AMV contest soon, for I am already working on my SECOND AMV and am looking forward to it. Once again, thanks and congradulations, Shippo101!

~A_S
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Jul 09, 2007 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Removed previous post's quote as not needed.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I may do another conetest in august or september so keep practicing

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

congrats to shippo then for winning. and thanks for the feedback chief

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    I may do another conetest in august or september so keep practicing
    Sweet! I'll be on the lookout. ^_^ Let's just all hope that you'll change that "may" in to a "will", LOL.

Otaku Basketball Champion Shippo101 has disabled reputation Shippo101's Avatar
    Thanks

I won
    I won
    I eat chips and play with guns

This is so cool
    Its like a day off from school

Whatch oput man
    Next time i plan to win

Again!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY! i feel so lucky, and thank you for all those who voted for me, i thank you and owe you dearly, (now i kno how lucky i am, i am a lucky camper.0
    Shippo is determined to become a lvl higher
    I'm a solider of Pen and Paper!
    <3 Atomik_Sprout <3

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast