View Poll Results: Which person had the best AMV?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • aceman67

7 20.59%
  • Blade X

4 11.76%
  • Naruto1988

5 14.71%
  • atomik_sprout

2 5.88%
  • Shippo101

11 32.35%
  • Sazuka

4 11.76%
  • mori-oni

1 2.94%
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Anime Music Video (AMV) contest VOTING!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Music Video (AMV) contest VOTING!

CHEATERS ARE A PAIN IN MY SIDE!!! I wonder what happened. I wonder how it all went down, honestly. Ah, well. I hope I have a better chance at winning than the last vote.

It's like the re-count in Florida all over again!!! Someone's got George W. Bush syndrome! LOL. ^_^

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to clarify the voting, I have asked 11 or so members to cast their vote via PM based on:

Theme – Each AMV has an overall theme, did the creator capture that?

Footage quality – is their footage high quality or are there logos, subtitles or just fuzzy low quality footage? Also did they pick footage that helped them capture the theme?

Quality of sound – is the sound crisp and clear or does it sound like a low quality midi? Also did they pick music that helped them capture the theme?

Syncing - How well the music matches the on goings of the footage, this can be in the “theme” of the song; by the actual words matching the footage or that the footage matches the “beat” of the music (such as explosions).

Originality - Is the concept or theme fresh and new thus standing out or is it the same old same old.

Effort/Effects - Did the creator put time and effort into the vid using a lot of effects and blending the scenes or did they just stick a song to some random footage.

I asked them to after considering the above please respond within the week (by Sunday July 15th 11:59 PM EST) with their votes as so:

1) Best anime music video
    2) Runner up to best anime music video

I will use these two votes in a weighted system to determine the winners.

A vote for best = 1 point, a vote for runner up =.5 of a point. The people with the highest two scores will be our winners.

@ atomik_sprout & Naruto1988, it doesn't matter what happened and please don't assume dishonesty amongst the contestants. If you don’t know what happened then it doesn’t matter, just be glad we (being the staff) are trying our best to make sure the contest is fair.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

any idea when the judging will be done and the winner announced??

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    any idea when the judging will be done and the winner announced??
    I just got done saying the judges are to respond by Sunday July 15th @ 11:59 PM EST. I will announce the winner shortly there after or sooner if the votes all come in.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

my bad, chief must have missed it when you posted the announcement date. two days left till winners are announced

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    @ atomik_sprout & Naruto1988, it doesn't matter what happened and please don't assume dishonesty amongst the contestants. If you don’t know what happened then it doesn’t matter, just be glad we (being the staff) are trying our best to make sure the contest is fair.
    I'm not really too concerned about what happened. I just said I wonder what happened. I'm not sweatin' it. ^_^ And, thank you. I am glad that you guys are taking the time to resolve the issue. I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Well the Vets have voted and the results are in! Just as a reminder of how the voting worked, I asked 11 vets to vote for the best AMV of the contest as well as a runner up to the best. 10 of them responded within the time allotted. The #1 vote got 1 point and the #2 vote got .5 of a point. I then tallied all points together and the two members with the highest score won!

The aspects each judge was asked to consider are as so:

Theme – Each AMV has a overall theme, did the creator capture that?

Footage quality – is their footage high quality or are there logos, subtitles or just fuzzy low quality footage? Also did they pick footage that helped them capture the theme?

Quality of sound – is the sound crisp and clear or does it sound like a low quality midi? Also did they pick music that helped them capture the theme?

Syncing - How well the music matches the on goings of the footage, this can be in the “theme” of the song; by the actual words matching the footage or that the footage matches the “beat” of the music (such as explosions).

Originality - Is the concept or theme fresh and new thus standing out or is it the same old same old.

Effort/Effects - Did the creator put time and effort into the vid using a lot of effects and blending the scenes or did they just stick a song to some random footage.

Now here is how the scores tallied out!

Our winner is aceman67 followed by Naruto1988 who came in second! Special congratulations to these two members. I will contact you soon about your prizes.

Overall scores were as so:
    aceman67 - 7.50 points or 50% of the total points awarded
    Naruto1988 - 3.00 points or 20% of the total points awarded
    Sazuka - 2.50 points or 17% of the total points awarded
    Blade X - 1.50 points or 10% of the total points awarded
    mori-oni - .5 points or 3% of the total points awarded
    atomik_sprout – 0 points
    Shippo101 – 0 points

I hope all involved had fun and will be willing to participate again.

Hammer

Thanks

oh damn, shippo aint gonna be happy that result. but least i got a place higher than the voting. that's a plus. i would have given it to aceman as well to be honest. B*****d was good

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast