+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The ANIME TRIVIA QUIZ!!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

The ANIME TRIVIA QUIZ!!!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

As a part of last Decembers Clan Challenge, I prepared an Anime Trivia Quiz to be the tie breaker for the best two out of three challenges. The Anime Trivia Quiz was originally designed to STRESS OUT a select group of Clan members in a 24 hour take home quiz. I carefully selected my questions, removed the most obvious and most obscure questions, checked the facts and spelling. And after all that work, it turns out the Trivia Quiz wasn't needed... (grumble grumble grumble...)

Well, since the Quiz was already made, Dragon Ball has graciously decided to open it up to all Anime Online members as a contest. At the end of the month, scores will be tallied, and the AO member with the highest score in the shortest time will be awarded video downloads up to $20 in value at the ADV Universe Digital Store.

Personally, I think this Quiz is very easy, but then again, I've seen all the features referenced here. Now lets see how long it takes to match the wits of the Grouchy Old Anime Otaku...

GENERAL RULES
    • Contest closes March 31st.
    • Only ONE ENTRY (no edits allowed) per member. Once you have all your answers, create a thread in the private forum at Contest Entries Forum (with the title of 'Anime Trivia Quiz')
    • Score is based on the total number of correct answers posted.
    • There are 30 Anime Trivia questions and 3 Bonus questions.
    • If the character / object / thing / appears in more then one series, the earliest published series would be the correct answer. Questions with 2 and 3 part answers must be correct on all parts to count.
    • In the event there are duplicate high scores, the person who posts their answers first wins.
    --------------------------- QUIZ START ---------------------------

Student Secret Identities Nicknames, Secret Lives.

Given the Nickname and the School, identify the Student and the Series. All of the Students are either main or major characters for their respective series.
    Name: ???
    Call Sign: Uruz 7
    Series: ???

Title: Cosmo Beauty

Nickname: Shipon

Nickname: Miracle Rookie

Occuption: Mahora Academy Middle School student, girl
    Nickname: Baka Leader
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Ships of the Line.

Given the description of the Ship, identify the Ship, it's commander, and the Series it appears in. All of these 'Ships' are major backdrops for the series they appear in.
    -The most famous Pirate Space Ship of the 'Golden Age' of Anime.

-With all the faculty killed off, this ship becomes the setting for the Sci-Fi anime remake of 'The Lord of the Flies'.

- Privately owned Space Battleship of Nergal Heavy Industries

- Grappler Ship with a Red Paint Job

- Mercenary Vanship Carrier/Battleship
    Classes of Andriods, Mechas, Vehicles.

A Class indicates more then one occurence of this object 'Type' occurs in the series. All of the 'classes' are significant for the Anime series they appear in. Given the Class name for the 'Type' identify the Series.
    - Emblem Frames

- Bioroids

- Boomers

- Thirds

- Valkyries

- Machines
    Unique Named Mecha & Vehicles.

Many Anime series have a 'named' Mecha or Vehicle that is 'unique' with only one occurence in a series. (Note that Ships or huge vehicles are not included in this category...) Given the name, identify it's class (Car, Mecha, etc), its primary operator and the series it appears in.
    - Mach 5

- Ryo-Oki

- Jango

- Bonaparte

- Hermes

- Alphonse
    Magical Chants.

Magic is a common part in many Fantasy anime series, with unique Magical chants. Given the Magical Chant, identify the caster who uses it, and the series it appears in...
    - PIXIE MUTATION! MAGICAL RECALL!

- Raging Heart, SETUP!

- RELEASE!

- DRAGON SLAVE!

- HONEY FLASH!
    BONUS Question 1: Of the above magical phrases, and the characters that chant them, which one does not match the rest of the Group?

Historical Anime Trivia.
    Name the Anime series this question refers to.
    - What is the series that Disney is accused of plagiarizing for the Animation Feature Film 'The Lion King'?

- What was the first color Anime TV series made?

- What was the first Anime series to be syndicated by the NBC Television Network?
    BONUS Question 2: What is in common with the above Trivia Questions?

BONUS Question 3:

Identify this (ahem...) 'healthy' girl student, and the Anime movie she appears in...

Last edited by LenMiyata; Mar 09, 2007 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Formatting
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The ANIME TRIVIA QUIZ!!!

Looks like a good quiz there Len! I hope we have some very knowledgeable members out there with the answers.

By the way, staff members aren't allowed to participate in this quiz. Good luck all!

Newbie Akara is off to a good start Akara's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate to be the bringer of bad news,but for the last question,the picture is not showing up,myabe it's just my comp,just thought I would say that!

Tester (Dragon Ball) columbus may be famous one day columbus may be famous one day columbus's Avatar
    Thanks

Working fine from this end. Try refreshing your page.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I should also point out, (not that this could actually be enforced with a take home Quiz, but...) you are not limited to 'Personal' knowledge for answers for the Quiz. ANY RESOURCE open for your use is fair game...
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Mar 08, 2007 at 09:05 PM.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Len, you are letting us search for the answers?? Wow. Am I shocked.

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

This Quiz was originally designed for a 24 hour Internet Treasure hunt for answers... Most (but not all) of the questions can be found by Internet Search Engines (if you know where to look, and what to ask for...)

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll submit what questions I know ( and find, hehehehehehehe) tomorrow after school Len.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast