Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual Logo Contest

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Annual Logo Contest

Hi Guys,

Probably one of the most exciting contests is now upon us - the design for NEW BANNERS to appear at the top of each page. Whether you participate or not in the design, I'm sure you will still take a lot of interest in voting on the final outcome, as it will be the branding of AO for the coming 12 months.

Please see the last banner contest at Official Anime Online Logo Contest.

This contest is open to all members. Submit your submissions to this thread with a minimum of 5 banners per entry. The top voted banners will go into the banner rotation found at the top of AO.

Closing Date: Sunday Jan 6th 2008

Prize: Your name at the bottom of each page replacing "Anime Online Buttons by Trunks. ©" Trunks has kindly offered to have his name removed to make way for this contest.

Runner-Up (x2): Storm Hawks DVD and t-shirt.
    Entry Bonus 1: Inclusion in the banner rotation at a later date. If all submissions are of high quality, then all submissions will be included in the rotation.
    Entry Bonus 2: 100 credit points for all participants.

Now for the Rules
    • Please add your final images (all of them) to this thread and to Banners - AO Gallery
    • Image format can be either gif, png or jpg.
    • Size: 863 x 162
    • Must contain the words "Anime Online" and be based off anime / manga.
    • Do not include your name or other branding on the image.
    • Far right vertical line of your image MUST be a plain coloured line. That is, you must make your image fade into a plain colour on the right. Reason for this is that this plain colour will then stretch to the end of the page. If you take a look at the current banners being used, you can see how it fades out to a plain coloured vertical line.

Pretty simple rules right?

Also, a small favour I have but not a requirement, is if you could throw in a bonus Christmas banner for when this season comes around.

Voting will take place via a public poll.

This is a very exciting contest and I look forward to everyone's work.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Jan 06, 2008 at 08:43 PM. Reason: changed psd to png

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Annual Logo Contest

I haven't had much time for GFX stuff here recently but I will make time for this! Given the number of decent GFX people we have on this site I can't wait to see the entries!!!

@ DB, I assume banners need to be 863x162?
    DB: Yes, forgot this. Thanks for the reminder.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Dec 03, 2007 at 08:53 AM.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

A quick question: What is the size limit of the banner? The current one up top is like 863 x 162 pixles. Also is there a file size limit for the banners?

Other than that I've got no other Q'sand I really look forward to the turn out of this event.

...MINIMUM of 5 banners for an entry!? Hmmm, guess I'll have to get started soon. ^^;
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

A quick question: What is the size limit of the banner? The current one up top is like 863 x 162 pixles. Also is there a file size limit for the banners?
    They need to be exactly 863 x 162 pixels, so all the space is filled up there.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

hummmmm I wouldn't mind having a go. Another question does it matter about the colour scheme? Or is it truly up to the designer to choose??
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Colour scheme is up to you. Just remember, your furthest right vertical line will be taken all the way across to the end of the screen.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

ok heres my banners i think im ment to post them here cos last time i did so....

ok well heres mine

ok i did them again cos i forgot about the fade bit >< thank you sazzy for sayin ^__^

and here they all are and i edited the pic i had them under in the banners section but there all together again if thats ok if u reather have them split say k ^__^ i just think im helping keep space ><"
    Last edited by equinn; Dec 04, 2007 at 02:45 PM.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

can banner be up loaded to the gallaery? i had 2 uploaded
    and they were deleted when the gallary was cleaned up i
    am only asking since i am not sure where the banners will go
    bec uase wallshave a area and sigs have a area and there spacific sizes.

is there a place for banners?
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast