View Poll Results: Who do you think has the coolest profile page?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sinistra

13 21.67%
  • Ky-lyrra

3 5.00%
  • dancy_SAZ

10 16.67%
  • Sazuka

3 5.00%
  • baikuza

0 0%
  • jackpsp

1 1.67%
  • Gods_Dragon

1 1.67%
  • False Truth

4 6.67%
  • Arrianna

8 13.33%
  • Hassun

17 28.33%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Profile Poll

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Best Profile Poll

Well, thanks to all that have participated in our Profile Contest page. Some excellent work out there.

Now it's over to you to vote on whom you think has the coolest / best profile page.

Remember there are 3 prizes!

prize $50 prize $30 prize $20.

Prizes are payable via PayPal or towards any online purchase. So make sure you vote fairly and give due credit where deserved. Oh, and don't vote for yourself as I will know....

Poll closes after 10 days!

-------------------------------------------------

SUBMISSION BY Sinistra

My Page is based off my Site design and layout. I used the colors from my site but instead of using hard colors I decided to use a Translucent effect in the block background. The main Background image is one of my own walls that I had to redo for this project My DITA wall wasn't my best wall to use but I tried to clean it up as much as possible.

The blocks use a background translucent image that is sorta see through so it looks like a block still but not completely flat on color. This project took me 4 months to complete I hope you enjoy ^_^

SUBMISSION BY Ky-lyrra

I had gotten this Image from someone and I ended up working with it in photoshop. I had no idea I was going to use it for my profile until I started to really think about it. She gave me an inspiration and I went with it. I then started matching colors and I was given some tips by a friend on how to make the tables transparent. The colors I chose were to match my pictures. I worked hard on the background to get her skin just the perfect color. After working on what to add into my profile this is the end result and I must say I love what I came up with. Thanks Sinistra for the tips in Photoshop without your help I couldn't have finished in time.

SUBMISSION BY dancy_SAZ

Well since making my own website with a black and blue gradient background. It gave imspiration to create a more brighter and colourful gradient using my favourite colours; Blue and Purple. It seems to duplicate well for the background rather than appearing fragmented. So what better way to show who i am then by using my favourite colours.

Really a profile should try to get across as much information about the person as possible; Likes, Dislikes, hobbies, etc...I just wanted to show my random personality by adding my own personal touches.

SUBMISSION BY Sazuka

Mine is simple and clean, and it doesn't have anything anime in it (besides my avatar) So it should most definitely win... but it probably won't.

SUBMISSION BY baikuza

the theme in my profile use abstract and it is yellow. it is simple, but i like it. (^_^)
    the reason why i use abstract is because it do not have anything that is really specific like metal gear or else (it is just the example.. so i think i'm not push on you guys), but i want each person who see my profile may like it. i mean, not all people like some specific thing and can make you fell better (because it is yellow and bright), i hope.

after all, i hope you like the layout of my profile. hehe..

SUBMISSION BY jackpsp

Well to start of I found that fire pix somewhere and really liked it, thought it would make a good bg and what not. As for the Pic of the skull and drum set, I just got in to drumming and I think it saved my life. The Purple text fit the pic so I went with that and I liked the orange on black.
    good luck to all ^_^

SUBMISSION BY Gods_Dragon

I chose my profile page as it is because I'm unique. It shows diversity, not only with colors, but with the genre of anime as well. I'm very creative which is why none of the "titles" remained "stock". I like to network so I imported links to all of my different pages. The style of the page itself says a lot about my personality. The bleach video I imported is just icing on the cake!

SUBMISSION BY False Truth

My theme is based from a videogame(and a personal favorite of mine) Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops.

First, I'll start with the colors.

The colors on the game's case has a black and yellow color scheme, with Big Boss on the front in a soldier like pose. So I decided to take these colors and implement them onto my page. I also decided to mix in a bit of gray as well to go along with the colors, and it matched well.

Second, I'll talk about the background and the bars.

The background is a black camouflage pattern as camouflage was used in both Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops(which is MGS3's sequel), because of the game's stealth properties. I decided to make the header bars reminiscient of the image in the background behind big boss, while also adding the Kojima Productions symbol on the right. The sub header bar is a greyish sky with the title of the game and the Big boss salute image to the right(which was on the manual). Both bars in my opinion contrasted each other well, so I decided to stick with it.

Lastly, I'll discuss the font.

I decided, for the header bars, that the font would be very black and very bold with an underline. This way, the title could stick out without it being hard to read. For the font inside of the body, I've decided to stick with a type of golden yellow, to match the header bar. It complements the gray background and the camouflage pattern well.

Last, but not least, I've added the video(trailer) to the actual game, so that people visiting my page can see what the game is about. I hope you enjoy what you see, and have fun viewing

SUBMISSION BY Arrianna

I love to cook almost as much as I love art. As some people already know I'm in the process of writing a cookbook. So when I was looking for an idea for a new avatar and signature this image, of a girl with chef's knives, seemed perfect. I carried the theme over into my profile page with a picture of "myself" (my avatar) at work and filling the background of the profile with "flames".

To quote Fukui Kenji from Iron Chef, "the heat will be on!"

SUBMISSION BY Hassun

I hereby submit my profile because I know it's so damn good I'll win.

I went for the "less is more" approach but added a lot of power to the present categories. It was actually pretty hard to match the size and shape of every category (many of them invisible) so they would complement each other.

There are actually more than 7 blocks on my "Golden I" page alone!
    Last edited by Hassun; Jan 17, 2007 at 10:25 PM.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Best Profile Poll

I can't vote for myself so my vote goes to Arrianna.
    At least she customized the other pages in her profile too. (The knives look great!)

How can you vote for someone who didn't even bother to change or customize the other pages of the profile?

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Boy, it was hard, but I narrowed down my own top3.

I had some problems with Hassun's profile. He has nothing on it. Buuuut. It was so damn cool he gets my top vote.

Next, I had Sazuka, False Truth, and Arrianna to choose from, but I will be going with False Truth at 2nd, and Sazuka at 3rd.

False Truth did a great job, I hope his profile is not underrated. He has a theme, he even figured out the color scheme for that theme. The colors are easy on the eyes, and they blend well together. I also like the little touch of adding the vBplaza gifts at the bottom. About the only problems I have is the YouTube block at the top which has too much space around it, it looks lonely. Also, I have a problem with the fact that the Comments block comes right after the Journal entries. Either way, 2nd place for him.

And then Sazuka's profile is cute. As she said, it's very simply, and it is also easy on the eyes. I feel that there should have been more to her profile, but everything there matches her style and fits her well.

Well, congrats Hassun for being the only one to actually get my vote. lol And good luck to everyone else.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    Boy, it was hard, but I narrowed down my own top3.

I had some problems with Hassun's profile. He has nothing on it. Buuuut. It was so damn cool he gets my top vote.

Next, I had Sazuka, False Truth, and Arrianna to choose from, but I will be going with False Truth at 2nd, and Sazuka at 3rd.

False Truth did a great job, I hope his profile is not underrated. He has a theme, he even figured out the color scheme for that theme. The colors are easy on the eyes, and they blend well together. I also like the little touch of adding the vBplaza gifts at the bottom. About the only problems I have is the YouTube block at the top which has too much space around it, it looks lonely. Also, I have a problem with the fact that the Comments block comes right after the Journal entries. Either way, 2nd place for him.

And then Sazuka's profile is cute. As she said, it's very simply, and it is also easy on the eyes. I feel that there should have been more to her profile, but everything there matches her style and fits her well.

Well, congrats Hassun for being the only one to actually get my vote. lol And good luck to everyone else.
    There isn't much on the main page but I have a "Talk to the wall" and "Free speech (for the dumb)" section don't I?

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    There isn't much on the main page but I have a "Talk to the wall" and "Free speech (for the dumb)" section don't I?
    Which is why you get my vote. lol

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    Yeah there was more in it, but when I left I deleted all my comments and things. So thus, it's empty.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll vote last, and see how the voting goes first before I place my decisive votes.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol I didn't think we had to submit our pages ;/ o well I voted for Saz's page.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast