Due to some unfortunite events the last contest was cancelled. This NEW contest is open to all who can submit an entry within the timeline given.
AO is proud to present its Third ever periodic Anime Music Video (AMV) contest!
If you plan on entering please READ EVERYTHING ON THIS PAGE!
Entry Time Line:
Submission deadline for the contest is 11:59 PM EST FEBRUARY 28th, 2008
Submissions must adhere to the following rules:
* “good” quality means that the audio, video and effort are well done and thought out. Simply adding audio to a clip of consecutive unedited/unclipped series footage is not allowed. Also poor quality (YouTube-ish) SOURCE video footage is not acceptable.
1. Only 1 submission per person of an AMV you
and ONLY YOU
a. You may consult anyone you wish but YOU must have done the work.
b. You cannot copy aspects of another AMV, this includes matching exact footage to the same soundtrack. I.E. No Plagerism
2. AMV must be of “good” quality* (See note below) to be accepted.
3. Video must conform to site rules (No Hentai, for example)
4. You must state the series & production studio(s) for the video footage
5. You must state the artist(s)/group(s) and song(s) used in your AMV
6. Your video must be at least 3:00 minutes in length
7. If your AMV contains SPOILERS or EXPLICIT lyrics then it should be marked as so
8. Video must be loaded to ONE
of the below sites and linked back to AO.
9. Submissions must be in the contest entries forum (Here
) and follow the sample submission below.
Voting will be via a PUBLIC poll for all of AO to cast their views on.
Potential Submission Sites:
Each of these entries will be reviewed and the voting will be based on the following: Theme
– Each AMV has a overall theme, did the creator capture that? Footage quality
– is their footage high quality or are there logos, subtitles or just fuzzy low quality footage? Also did they pick footage that helped them capture the theme? Quality of sound
– is the sound crisp and clear or does it sound like a low quality midi? Also did they pick music that helped them capture the theme? Syncing
- How well the music matches the on goings of the footage, this can be in the “theme” of the song; by the actual words matching the footage or that the footage matches the “beat” of the music (such as explosions). Originality
- Is the concept or theme fresh and new thus standing out or is it the same old same old. Effort/Effects
- Did the creator put time and effort into the vid using a lot of effects and blending the scenes or did they just stick a song to some random footage. (No where did I say anything about their opinion of the member, no vote will be based on the creator or their opinion of him/her)
After considering the above please cast your vote as to the best AMV.
Must join the site, 100 MB file restrictions.
Restrictions: Yahoo Video
Restrictions: You Tube
Restrictions: Sample Submission:
AMV Title: Futile Stand My Entry's URL (this one is fake)
Size: 72 MB
Format: AVI & MPEG-4 Video Footage from:
Production Studio: Studio Pierrot
Production Studio: Studio Pierrot
Series: Last Exile
Production Studio: GONZO Audio from:
Group/Artist: Linkin Park
Song:In the End
Song: I stand Alone General Information:
I really wanted to show the strength of the main characters of these series and their ability to stand up for what they believe in even though it seemed futile in the end.