Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DECEMBER 07 AMV Contest REVAMPED

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

DECEMBER 07 AMV Contest REVAMPED

Due to some unfortunite events the last contest was cancelled. This NEW contest is open to all who can submit an entry within the timeline given.

AO is proud to present its Third ever periodic Anime Music Video (AMV) contest!

If you plan on entering please READ EVERYTHING ON THIS PAGE!

Entry Time Line:
    Submission deadline for the contest is 11:59 PM EST FEBRUARY 28th, 2008

Rules:
    Submissions must adhere to the following rules:
    1. Only 1 submission per person of an AMV you and ONLY YOU created.
    a. You may consult anyone you wish but YOU must have done the work.
    b. You cannot copy aspects of another AMV, this includes matching exact footage to the same soundtrack. I.E. No Plagerism
    2. AMV must be of “good” quality* (See note below) to be accepted.
    3. Video must conform to site rules (No Hentai, for example)
    4. You must state the series & production studio(s) for the video footage
    5. You must state the artist(s)/group(s) and song(s) used in your AMV
    6. Your video must be at least 3:00 minutes in length
    7. If your AMV contains SPOILERS or EXPLICIT lyrics then it should be marked as so
    8. Video must be loaded to ONE of the below sites and linked back to AO.
    9. Submissions must be in the contest entries forum (Here) and follow the sample submission below.
    * “good” quality means that the audio, video and effort are well done and thought out. Simply adding audio to a clip of consecutive unedited/unclipped series footage is not allowed. Also poor quality (YouTube-ish) SOURCE video footage is not acceptable.

Voting:
    Voting will be via a PUBLIC poll for all of AO to cast their views on.

Each of these entries will be reviewed and the voting will be based on the following:

Theme – Each AMV has a overall theme, did the creator capture that?

Footage quality – is their footage high quality or are there logos, subtitles or just fuzzy low quality footage? Also did they pick footage that helped them capture the theme?

Quality of sound – is the sound crisp and clear or does it sound like a low quality midi? Also did they pick music that helped them capture the theme?

Syncing - How well the music matches the on goings of the footage, this can be in the “theme” of the song; by the actual words matching the footage or that the footage matches the “beat” of the music (such as explosions).

Originality - Is the concept or theme fresh and new thus standing out or is it the same old same old.

Effort/Effects - Did the creator put time and effort into the vid using a lot of effects and blending the scenes or did they just stick a song to some random footage.

(No where did I say anything about their opinion of the member, no vote will be based on the creator or their opinion of him/her)

After considering the above please cast your vote as to the best AMV.
    Potential Submission Sites:

AMV.ORG
    Restrictions:
    Must join the site, 100 MB file restrictions.
    Google Video
    Restrictions:
    Requires registration
    NOTE: NO FILE SIZE MAX!!!!
    Other Information
    Yahoo Video
    Restrictions:
    Requires registration
    NOTE: 100 MB file size max!!!!
    Other Information
    You Tube
    Restrictions:
    Requires registration
    NOTE: 100 MB file size max!!!!
    Other Information
    Sample Submission:
    Entry:
    Submitter: Chiefblackhammer
    AMV Title: Futile Stand
    My Entry's URL (this one is fake)
    Length: 6:25
    Size: 72 MB
    Format: AVI & MPEG-4

Video Footage from:
    Series: Naruto
    Production Studio: Studio Pierrot

Series: Bleach
    Production Studio: Studio Pierrot

Series: Last Exile
    Production Studio: GONZO

Audio from:
    Group/Artist: Linkin Park
    Song:In the End

Group/Artist: Godsmack
    Song: I stand Alone

General Information:
    I really wanted to show the strength of the main characters of these series and their ability to stand up for what they believe in even though it seemed futile in the end.

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: DECEMBER 07 AMV Contest REVAMPED

One question since I would really love to try my hand at this contest.

Are AMV's with still images acceptable? I'm talking about MAD movies that, more than often, have Visual Novel pictures tell the story along with the music instead of a video clip. If it isn't okay, I'll use one of my many anime.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zyta View Post
    One question since I would really love to try my hand at this contest.

Are AMV's with still images acceptable? I'm talking about MAD movies that, more than often, have Visual Novel pictures tell the story along with the music instead of a video clip. If it isn't okay, I'll use one of my many anime.
    I see no issue with it, there is no restriction that the clips have to be animated. I can't say it will work well for you but your more than open to try it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefblackhammer For This Useful Post:

zyta (Feb 01, 2008)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

It was unfortunate what happened, but I'm officially challenging anyone who wants to enter to beat my AMV entry. when the contest first started, I decided to keep my entry secret till the voting process started, this time around I won't, and in the interest of fairness, I'm using the same entry.

Any and all challengers will be accepted... If you think you can win that is

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67
    Entry:
    Submitter: Aceman67
    AMV Title: My Torment
    ++| A M V - Video Information: My Torment (Recommended)
    YouTube - My Torment
    Length: 4:55
    Size: 70.9 MB
    Format: Windows Media Video (WMV)

Video Footage from:
    Series: End of Evangelion
    Production Studio: Gainax

Audio from:
    Group/Artist: Staind
    Song: Mudshovel
    Album: Dysfunction

General Information:
    A darker themed AMV, My Torment uses End of EVA with Mudshovel by Staind, which originally is a song about A man losing it when he finds out that his girlfriend is cheating on him, but it fits perfectly with the whole end of the world theme from EVA.

The AMV.org version is STRONGLY recommended, as there is one scene in particular (The very final scene) that can only be clearly seen with the full version.

WARNING
    This AMV contains one brief scene of Nudity, profanity, and a butt load of spoilers. But who cares, Bring on the Torment!!

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

So what happened with the last amv contest it had an amv thats was about EGN right i will try to join this one and make it in time but what happened.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Nothing of Concern. We have all been givin a secondary chance and i am making a New amv as we speak. if anyone would like to see the beta please Pm me
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

Entry:
    Submitter: Ichigo_06
    AMV Title: Alarm AMV
    YouTube - Alarm
    Length: 4:13
    Size: 77.2 MB
    Format: MPEG Video/Audio streem (MPEG)

Video Footage from:
    Series: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Production Studio: Kyoto Animation

Audio from:
    Group/Artist: Nami Amuro
    Song: Alarm

General Information:I thought I would take a stab at making an AMV so I looked at all my anime and songs and chose the Melancholy of Haruhi suzumiya, episode 12 and 13, and put them with the song Alarm because I thought it would be a good fit and here is the outcome! enjoy
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Entry:
    Submitter: Xelhes
    AMV Title: Where Will You Go
    My Entry's URL YouTube - Kingdom Hearts-Where Will You Go
    Length: 4:12
    Size: Dont know
    Format: wmv @ AVI

Video Footage from:
    Series: Kingdom Hearts
    Production Studio: Square Enix

Audio from:
    Group/Artist: evenesence
    Song: Where Will you go

General Information: I made this amv just for this contest turns out to be one of my best creations
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast