+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: House of Jurai Manga Quiz

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Question House of Jurai Manga Quiz

Here is the manga quiz put together by the House of Jurai clan! Let's see how long it can last before all the answers are found.

QUESTIONS ARE:
    1. What manga artist is said to have come up with the idea for his biggest success (a 14 volume, wildly popular series) after failing the entrance exam to Tokyo University, and ending up in Film Study?
    2. Who was the first manga artist to direct an Anime TV series based on his works?
    3. What manga series spawned off a Live Action TV program, who's last episode was the most watched television event ever in Japan?
    4. Which manga series tells the story of 3 sixth grade girls who are members of the school's alien party group, and with the help of 'borg' creatures, protect their school from invading monsters?
    5. This manga series came after the anime series it was based on, which had been first cut short in Japan, only to eventually be ranked as one of the better anime series ever made.
    6. What is the Japanese term for a manga artist's published yet unfinished works?
    7. What 6 volume manga mega-hit took 8 years to create and then an additional 10 years before being released in America?
    8. What manga series did CLAMP write the episode scripts for the anime adaptation?
    9. What manga (including all related arcs) has almost 9,000 pages and took 11 years to finish?
    10. What was the name of the manga series that spawned off a series of Toho Studio films about a Samurai assassin for hire and his boy in the baby carriage?
    Anyone can try to answer the above questions regardless whether you are in a clan or not. When answering a question, please cut and paste the question before your answer. All attempts are to be placed into this thread.

Thanks and good luck to House of Jurai.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: House of Jurai Manga Quiz

2.Who was the first manga artist to direct an Anime TV series based on his works? Dr. Osamu Tezuka

4.Which manga series tells the story of 3 sixth grade girls who are members of the school's alien party group, and with the help of 'borg' creatures, protect their school from invading monsters? Alien Nine
    Last edited by Ky-lyrra; Mar 23, 2007 at 12:59 AM.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

What manga artist is said to have come up with the idea for his biggest success (a 14 volume, wildly popular series) after failing the entrance exam to Tokyo University, and ending up in Film Study?
    Ken Akamatsu

Who was the first manga artist to direct an Anime TV series based on his works?
    Dr. Osamu Tezuka

What manga series spawned off a Live Action TV program, who's last episode was the most watched television event ever in Japan?
    Lupin series...??? Or was it Final Fantasy :S

Which manga series tells the story of 3 sixth grade girls who are members of the school's alien party group, and with the help of 'borg' creatures, protect their school from invading monsters?
    Alien Nine

This manga series came after the anime series it was based on, which had been first cut short in Japan, only to eventually be ranked as one of the better anime series ever made.
    Neon Genesis Evangelion

What is the Japanese term for a manga artist's published yet unfinished works?
    Wideban?

What 6 volume manga mega-hit took 8 years to create and then an additional 10 years before being released in America?
    *shrug* Dragonball? XD

What manga series did CLAMP write the episode scripts for the anime adaptation?

What manga (including all related arcs) has almost 9,000 pages and took 11 years to finish?
    What was the name of the manga series that spawned off a series of Toho Studio films about a Samurai assassin for hire and his boy in the baby carriage?

I'm too tired *yawn*

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

So far questions 1, 2 and 4 are the only ones to have been answered correctly! Hope that helps!

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

question three .... is it something called Manga girls?
    I was trying to google it and thats what I kept getting .... >.<

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry KimiFemi that isn’t correct keep trying! As it stands questions 1, 2 and 4 are the only ones to have been answered correctly.

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Hmm i wanna try

8. is it errm.. Chobits?
    9.Violence Jack Jigokugai Hen?
    10.Lone wolf and Cub is that the manga? hmm..

^^

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

1. What manga artist is said to have come up with the idea for his biggest success (a 14 volume, wildly popular series) after failing the entrance exam to Tokyo University, and ending up in Film Study?

Ken Akamatsu!
    2. Who was the first manga artist to direct an Anime TV series based on his works?

I do not know.
    3. What manga series spawned off a Live Action TV program, who's last episode was the most watched television event ever in Japan?

I do not know.
    4. Which manga series tells the story of 3 sixth grade girls who are members of the school's alien party group, and with the help of 'borg' creatures, protect their school from invading monsters?

I do not know.
    5. This manga series came after the anime series it was based on, which had been first cut short in Japan, only to eventually be ranked as one of the better anime series ever made.

I do not know.
    6. What is the Japanese term for a manga artist's published yet unfinished works?

I do not know.
    7. What 6 volume manga mega-hit took 8 years to create and then an additional 10 years before being released in America?

I do not know.
    8. What manga series did CLAMP write the episode scripts for the anime adaptation?

CCS??
    9. What manga (including all related arcs) has almost 9,000 pages and took 11 years to finish?

I have no clue. But that's a pretty long manga..
    10. What was the name of the manga series that spawned off a series of Toho Studio films about a Samurai assassin for hire and his boy in the baby carriage?

I do not know.

Wow! What a hard quiz. Nice job House! Good luck to everyone who answers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast