Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Legion Ketsueki Japanese Culture Quiz

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Legion Ketsueki Japanese Culture Quiz

Here is the quiz put together by the Legion Ketsueki clan! Let's see how long it can last before all the answers are found.

QUESTIONS ARE:
    1. What phrase is customary for you to say before eating a meal?
    2. What makes the 2000 yen bill unique in Japan from other bills?
    3. What is the name of the Japanese art style that resembles "pictures of the floating world"?
    4. When entering a house in Japan, it is customary to remove your shoes. What is the name of the area of the house that it is done in?
    5. What is the Japanese sport that involves rikishi?
    6. When it comes to baths and showering in Japan, why is it required for a member of the family to wash their body before entering the bath water?
    7. Which festival in Japan began when some high school students made 6 snow statues in a park?
    8. When drinking alcohol with other people, what is the general rule about keeping the glasses full when it comes to pouring?
    9. What is the act of dressing as characters from manga, anime, and other media known as?
    10. When serving food or giving a gift, what is the most important thing that Japanese people look for?
    Anyone can try to answer the above questions regardless whether you are in a clan or not. When answering a question, please cut and paste the question before your answer. All attempts are to be placed into this thread.

Thanks and good luck to Legion Ketsueki.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Legion Ketsueki Japanese Culture Quiz

1. What phrase is customary for you to say before eating a meal?
      Itadaki-masu “ I gracefully accept”
      All other bills are 5’s or 1’s like 50, 100, 500, 1000. 2000 is the only one that starts with a 2
    3. What is the name of the Japanese art style that resembles "pictures of the floating world"?
      Ukiyo-e
    4. When entering a house in Japan, it is customary to remove your shoes. What is the name of the area of the house that it is done in?
      Genkan
    5. What is the Japanese sport that involves rikishi?
      Sumo
    6. When it comes to baths and showering in Japan, why is it required for a member of the family to wash their body before entering the bath water?
      The bath water is used by the whole family and is not drained on a daily basis. What’s more the water is sometimes scented or treated with minerals similar to those found in natural hot springs. If you had a nice relaxing bath like that would you want somebody else’s nasties in there?
    7. Which festival in Japan began when some high school students made 6 snow statues in a park?
      Sapporo Snow festival
    8. When drinking alcohol with other people, what is the general rule about keeping the glasses full when it comes to pouring?
      Well, seeing how you don’t pour your own drinks but pour for your companion and vice-versa. Make sure that your drinking buddy is always topped off. If you feel you’ve had enough you just don’t drink anymore leaving your own glass full, thus preventing anymore from being poured. A bit long winded but the question is phrased oddly.
    9. What is the act of dressing as characters from manga, anime, and other media known as?
      Cosplay
    10. When serving food or giving a gift, what is the most important thing that Japanese people look for?
      Well I’m not sure on this one but seeing how it’s customary to reciprocate gifts of similar value I guess the cost/value would be pretty important. But I’m going to have to go with humility in presentation. To say “It’s nothing much but-” or “Tsumaranai mono desu ga” when giving a gift is customary.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice answers PsiKnot.

All correct except 2 and 10.

No. 2 refers to the display image on the bills.
    No. 10 is incorrect.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

well in that case
    Unlike all other bills which have people's faces on them the 2000yen bill sports the gate of Shuri Castle in Okinawa.

I just now noticed the "look for" part of the question. Gift giving and cooking are both arts and have to be presented (the looks ie. wrapping or garnish) in a manner that reflects the occasion as well as the intention of the giver/server.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

ooooh, 4 hours and 49 minutes, I guess we're winning for now, . I wake up and it's over, lol. I guess I'll say congrats to you. How lackluster this contest is so far though, >.<. Tooooo easy I guess. *slaps himself*
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow go PsiKnot...House of Jurai keeping it real! But I must say that I just woke up and boom it is over....not that I could have helped!

Thanks

Yep, 4 hours and 49 minutes it's over! This quizzes sure don't last long. This quiz lasted only barely longer than Cosa Nostra.

Next up is House of Jurai. Topic is Manga. The thread at Clan Competition - Quiz Time! has been updated.

House of Jurai... please submit your questions and answers to me via PM within 5 days.

Thanks.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Oh Man! A quiz created by my clan.. already up and solved??!

I hate being grounded!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast