Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Anime Online Logo Contest

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Official Anime Online Logo Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistra View Post
    • The logo must be a template so we can add more to the logo system so it looks the same...
    I may need to be corrected on this but I don't believe they are keeping the current template at all. The point is to make a new template.

Now I don't make web pages but I think what they do is make a cell background that matches the right side of the banner that can be stretched to fit the size of someone's monitor display no matter what that is. So it doesn't really matter what you have on the right side as long as it's something that can be matched to the background when stretched.

So basically you need:
    • some type of variable background that they can add different textures etc. too.
    • An element along with the site name (Anime Online) that will remain constant.
    • A swappable foreground that can have different images for the "rotation".
    • A consistent stretchable border on the right side.

... I just asked Barronmore and he gave me a big long explaination on how it worked that went right over my head. He did say that it should be possible to "align center" a banner as well. Same issue though, the edges on either side need to be able to match a stretched cell background so that it looks alright.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

Ah I see. That makes things much clearer although I wish the contest description would've made all that clearer initially. Anyways I appreciate all the clarifications.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally I don't like the cookie cutter banner idea and judging from the number of entries not many other GFX people around here do either. I say we either change it to a freestyle contest or Arrianna wins by default (given there are no other entries...and doesn't appear there will be).

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

I think doing the freestyle thing is a good idea. I've tried to make a reusable template thing or some kind of constant in the image but it's not working.

Can we switch back to how the old logo system was? With the logos that looked like sigs?
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally don't mind it not being "freestyle". I have no need to edit the templates in photoshop. A simple jpg file would be fine I would think.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG Arrianna I tip my hat to you . You have done an awsome job with these logos. I would totally vote for yours!!!

My Favorite!
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Jan 27, 2007 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Removed quote tags as was pushing thread off the screen.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks Ky-lyrra.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    I personally don't mind it not being "freestyle". I have no need to edit the templates in photoshop. A simple jpg file would be fine I would think.
    No offense Dragon Ball, it is your site, but personally I don't think that freestyle banner rotations look as professional.

Your call though.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

He did say he did not mind it NOT being freestyle....I took it as he wanted to leave the contest the way it was...he was just saying he didn't need the .psd I still don't like them all looking the same...might as well just have 1 image and forget the rotation.

Don't get me wrong Arrianna I love yours....just don't like the fact there aren't any other entries in what is suppose to be a contest. I know that isn't your fault...it is just I don't think the general GFX community here likes the cookie cutter images....myself included.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast