Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Anime Online Logo Contest

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Official Anime Online Logo Contest

Ok, I made an attempt at one:

Is it too bright?

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

Chiefblackhammer, she's not the only one participating, just some of us are still struggling to meet the "template" guidelines

But I can tell you from my and Cldmani's perspective, the whole "template" thing has been difficult to meet because of it's particular restraints i.e. being able to have a right side that'd be expandable, constant elements that'd appear in each banner, etc.

But even more frustrating, from the get go it was never particularly clear as to what really comprised of the AO template. It took several tedious explanations in this thread and in the now defunct Vet clan forum to clear things up, which created significant delays both in wasting time on making a perfectly good banner that wouldn't fit the template guidelines and having to develop new ideas for a new set of banners.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not saying she is the only one who is participating, just at the time the only who had posted anything...the last banner contest had almost 10 different people with multiple entries participating...with three days left you can see my position.

I completely agree with the difficulty of the "template" concept I tried several times and while I made fairly nice banners...none where templates...but I didn't make the rules..I am just voicing my opinion that it isn't liked very well, if by no one else but me.

@ Miroku...nice, very nice! But the right side isn't expandable so it isn't going to work as is...fade the right side to be transparent.

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    I am not saying she is the only one who is participating, just at the time the only who had posted anything...the last banner contest had almost 10 different people with multiple entries participating...with three days left you can see my position.

I completely agree with the difficulty of the "template" concept I tried several times and while I made fairly nice banners...none where templates...but I didn't make the rules..I am just voicing my opinion that it isn't liked very well, if by no one else but me.
    Heh I know what you meant. Didn't expect you to take me so seriously there bud :P

Hopefully we can get a clarification from DB as to whether this can be altered into a template-less contest or not soon. If it does get changed, hopefully an extension would be tacked on as well.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not much of a graphics expert, so don't know how to create these banners. But, a template-less banner is also fine. I think each participant should submit at least 4 or 5 banners with similar look and feel to go into the rotation.

Miroku4444's banner above is nice, but if it were to go into the banner rotation, then we would need at least 4 or so similar themed banners.

Due to the confusion, I will extend this contest to Sunday Feb 4th.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Miroku4444's banner above is nice, but if it were to go into the banner rotation, then we would need at least 4 or so similar themed banners.
    Ok, people lets make some simular ones!! ^__^

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

There is also the question of fixed width banners or do we still need the left side to fade to transparent?

If the latter I will need to modify these:

The first three I made for the clan challenge a while back but that got scraped before it went anywhere....anyway I will post some more later.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow Chief I love these, you guys are making it hard to choose when it come time to. I love your 3rd one the most out of all of them.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast