+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

The last thing I heard is that they are going to release the manga final episode the same day they present the las episode of the anime so the two of them are going to finish together
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Newbie animefreak150 is off to a good start animefreak150's Avatar
    Thanks

omg really?! thats really cool i have to get the last manga and watch the last episode!! i heard it going to be really epic!!
    the worst feeling is not Death, its knowing that you aren't needed,

that you are alone in this world, and that you no longer have a reason to live...

Newbie bunni kitti is off to a good start bunni kitti's Avatar
    Thanks

i think its about time they started to follow the original story
    u might fal but get up and keep on going

Newbie NaiKaji is off to a good start NaiKaji's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, Brotherhood was an attempt to cash in on this franchise where the movie failed to bring in the American dollar. In my opinion, Conqueror of Shambala was a decent film to close the series where it left us in an ambiguous state questioning whether the brothers would reunite. On the other hand, I was also pleased with the series ending.
    It's similar to Evangelion, when the series ended in a very thought provoking manner, but the general public wanted more so a film was made.
    After seeing the entirety of Brotherhood I must say it was a huge disappointment. Much like others in this thread I was not expecting Brotherhood to come close to the original series, but it missed the mark entirely. The homonculi were no where near the same concept as in the first series, and in reality that added a level of ingenuity to the series (homonculi named after sins - a sin to create a homonculi). Scar's vendetta was desolved halfway through the new series, Kimblee's, Greed's, Lust's, and Hohenhiem's character's were RUINED. Wrath and Pride were altered, and in a horrible manner.

I feel as though the creative think tank behind brotherhood simply stuffed the original series in their mouths, chewed for awhile, ate it, crapped it out and called it gold. If they wanted to profit more from the series then they should have pleanned for more films, or another season where Ed finds his way back to Al. They should not have re-written perfection.

Also, above is what I think about the ANIME SERIES, not the MANGA.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

I like Brother hood over the frist FMA and here is why:

Ok think of the two Series like one big book, Ok The frist Fma was like an overweiw or a summary that is on any book cover. Now Brother hood the reason why I like it better is because it goes chapter by Chapter and it answers all the question that you might have thought of when you watched the frist FMA.

Newbie Nightbloom is off to a good start
    Thanks

I just recently started watching Full Metal Alchemist.
    I had intended to watch it when it first aired on Adult Swim however long ago.
    Through a series of random events that escape me, I ended up missing a good number of the beginning episodes, and I hate watching things when I didn't get to see it from beginning to end. Just one of my pet peeves I suppose.
    But anyway, to my question.
    I'm enjoying the original series but I have a lot of my friends telling me that Brotherhood was way better than the original. I highly doubt this, just because I hardly EVER like reboots, OVA's, or just anything like that. It seems they always find a way to disappoint me.
    So, I was wondering if after I finish Full Metal Alchemist, if I should give Brotherhood a try?
    Also, what exactly are the differences other than Brotherhood being the manga retelling? Or is that the only difference?
    "Yes...I am nothing more than I could have ever been."

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The first 13 episodes of 'Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood' is roughly a retelling of the first half of the original anime series. But after that, there are new characters, new story, and new forms of Alchemy of the likes never seen in the original series (as well as a much more grander plot) which makes viewing the new series worth while...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3