+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fullmetal vs. Mustang

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Fullmetal vs. Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Roy won in the manga version. He didn't have the flashback and zapped Edward.
    And by your logic nobody actually won. Not Roy and not Edward either.
    Oh that is what happened in the manga huh? Well as expected I suppose. Interesting.

Well it is true enough that nobodoy actually won. Just calling it as I saw, and there are far too many variables to actually determine a winner. A lot of "what ifs", too many really. But in the series at the last moment, when Roy had the flash back, Ed could have finished it there. That is how I would determine him the winner. Roy didn't fully realise what had happened until Ed had stopped his thrust, and if it hadn't, his originally shock would have been replaced by the shock of a sword through his throat.

If it wasn't a mock fight, Roy would win. He still lit that kid on fire during the Ishbalan inccident, and a life or death situation will just about always determine Roy as the winner.

Newbie maamon is off to a good start maamon's Avatar
    Thanks

well ... as I think ... Roy won the fight but when he wanted to finish Ed ( end the fight ) ... he just remembered how he won an old fight like this with a very young boy from Ishibal ... and how he killed him ... that's why he couldn't finish Ed ...
    and Ed proved this when he asked him later when they were cleaning : Why didn't you finish me there ?
    Timing Is Everything ...

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maamon View Post
    well ... as I think ... Roy won the fight but when he wanted to finish Ed ( end the fight ) ... he just remembered how he won an old fight like this with a very young boy from Ishibal ... and how he killed him ... that's why he couldn't finish Ed ...
    and Ed proved this when he asked him later when they were cleaning : Why didn't you finish me there ?
    Untrue.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Roy won the fight if you take in consideration his experience on the real battle grounds which Ed lacked but in this fight Ed won only because Roy hesitated finishing him because of the bad memories Roy recalled of the ishibalian child that he killed once long time ago
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Newbie maamon is off to a good start maamon's Avatar
    Thanks

Untrue.
    May I know why ? ... I mean what do you think about the outcome of the fight ... after you replied to me ... I went and reviewed the episode to make sure that what I said is true ...
    but I'll be happy if you explained why do you think so ... and what do you think in return ...
    Timing Is Everything ...

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Roy did win the fight in the manga because of his superior experience as alchemist.

To be honest, I don't know why there's a "who do you think" thread about something that had a definite outcome.

But, If Ed had more experience, I think he would have won, hands down because he was on the path to becoming a much more powerful alchemist than Mustang.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maamon View Post
    May I know why ? ... I mean what do you think about the outcome of the fight ... after you replied to me ... I went and reviewed the episode to make sure that what I said is true ...
    but I'll be happy if you explained why do you think so ... and what do you think in return ...
    he just remembered how he won an old fight like this with a very young boy from Ishibal
    He never had a fight like that in Ishbal, he just killed people there. In a flash he sees a frightened child he executed during the war. No duel.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

He never had a fight like that in Ishbal, he just killed people there. In a flash he sees a frightened child he executed during the war. No duel.
    Roy did kill a lot of people in Ishibal because they fought him back but you can't compare Roy killing men to Roy killing a child who barely carries his own weapon
    ,Roy is a human you know not a killing machine
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast