+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 65 to 72 of 97

Thread: Fullmetal vs. Mustang

  1. #65
    Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    681
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Fullmetal vs. Mustang

    Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post
    Roy did kill a lot of people in Ishibal because they fought him back but you can't compare Roy killing men to Roy killing a child who barely carries his own weapon
    ,Roy is a human you know not a killing machine
    He certainly seemed to be a machine in Ishbal. I am pretty sure wiping out cities over a single night had quite a few casualties, don't you?

    From what I saw, it is kinda hard to fight against a single man on the outskirts of town with an ability to demolish half a city in one snap. He obviously wasn't in too much danger now was he? As I recall, the Ishbalans were suppose to be the innocent ones, not the states military. Isn' that the reason for "Dogs of the state"? They obviously fulfilled their duty and death/destruction was it. They were killing machines and were used as such.

  2. #66
    Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Realm of Dark Illusions
    Posts
    1,372
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 46 Times in 43 Posts

    Re: Fullmetal vs. Mustang

    Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    He certainly seemed to be a machine in Ishbal. I am pretty sure wiping out cities over a single night had quite a few casualties, don't you?

    From what I saw, it is kinda hard to fight against a single man on the outskirts of town with an ability to demolish half a city in one snap. He obviously wasn't in too much danger now was he? As I recall, the Ishbalans were suppose to be the innocent ones, not the states military. Isn' that the reason for "Dogs of the state"? They obviously fulfilled their duty and death/destruction was it. They were killing machines and were used as such.
    he killed hundreds of ishibalian that's right but that was only to fulfill his duty as a soldier in a war ,killing those people is not something he enjoyed and that's why his aim was to become the Fuhrer to stop meaningless wars (The best prove of what i'm talking about is how he regreted killing the two doctors who treated injured enemies and allies alike(winrey's parents) if he was a killing machine with no heart as you said he wouldn't regreted it not a bit
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

  3. #67
    Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    681
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Fullmetal vs. Mustang

    Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post
    he killed hundreds of ishibalian that's right but that was only to fulfill his duty as a soldier in a war ,killing those people is not something he enjoyed and that's why his aim was to become the Fuhrer to stop meaningless wars (The best prove of what i'm talking about is how he regreted killing the two doctors who treated injured enemies and allies alike(winrey's parents) if he was a killing machine with no heart as you said he wouldn't regreted it not a bit
    Wow, going right past the point into irrelevant. First, I never said he didn't have a heart, blah blah yadda yadda. As I said, he fulfilled his duty, my words first remember? They were used to wipe out entire cities in one night, ultimate weapons.

    The battle in Ishabl was not a duel. Hassun was making that as his point. Lets not forget that Mustang's objective is not to kill, but to merely incapacitate Ed in their duel. The only significance of Ishbal during this duel, is the haunting memories and flashbacks he recieves afterwards. It stopped him momentarily, but that did not effect Roy's ability to finish off ED. Again, his objective was not to kill but merely incapacitate. The flashback made him hesitate for a split second and that was the end.

    You cannot compare the dead kid in Ishbal to the duel between Roy and Ed. They are completely different under many circumstances. Explain? Why, it has already been explained in the series, check it out again if you must.

  4. #68
    Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Realm of Dark Illusions
    Posts
    1,372
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 46 Times in 43 Posts

    Re: Fullmetal vs. Mustang

    Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    Wow, going right past the point into irrelevant. First, I never said he didn't have a heart, blah blah yadda yadda. As I said, he fulfilled his duty, my words first remember? They were used to wipe out entire cities in one night, ultimate weapons.

    The battle in Ishabl was not a duel. Hassun was making that as his point. Lets not forget that Mustang's objective is not to kill, but to merely incapacitate Ed in their duel. The only significance of Ishbal during this duel, is the haunting memories and flashbacks he recieves afterwards. It stopped him momentarily, but that did not effect Roy's ability to finish off ED. Again, his objective was not to kill but merely incapacitate. The flashback made him hesitate for a split second and that was the end.

    You cannot compare the dead kid in Ishbal to the duel between Roy and Ed. They are completely different under many circumstances. Explain? Why, it has already been explained in the series, check it out again if you must.
    so if i can't compare the dead kid in Ishibal to the duel between Roy & Ed then why did Roy remembered the kid in the first place and if what you said is true then Roy wouldn't have a moment hesitation and would finish Ed off(finish Ed and not killing him as you said i did say)
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

  5. #69
    Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    681
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Fullmetal vs. Mustang

    Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post
    so if i can't compare the dead kid in Ishibal to the duel between Roy & Ed then why did Roy remembered the kid in the first place and if what you said is true then Roy wouldn't have a moment hesitation and would finish Ed off(finish Ed and not killing him as you said i did say)
    Alright time to spell things out with wikipedia.

    "Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is the term used to describe a severe and on-going emotional reaction that results from exposure to extreme stress and/ortrauma.[1] Clinically, such events involve actual or threatened death, serious physical injury, or a threat to physical and/or psychological integrity, to a degree that usual psychological defenses are incapable of coping with the impact. It is occasionally called post-traumatic stress reaction to emphasize that it is a result of traumatic experience rather than a manifestation of a pre-existing psychological condition. The presence of a PTSD response is influenced by the intensity of the experience, its duration, and the individual person involved.

    PTSD may be triggered by an external factor or factors. Its symptoms can include the following: nightmares, flashbacks, emotional detachment or numbing of feelings (emotional self-mortification or dissociation), insomnia, avoidance of reminders and extreme distress when exposed to the reminders ("triggers"), loss of appetite, irritability, hypervigilance, memory loss (may appear as difficulty paying attention), excessive startle response, clinical depression, and anxiety. It is also possible for a person suffering from PTSD to exhibit one or more other comorbid psychiatric disorders; these disorders often include clinical depression (or bipolar disorder), general anxiety disorder, and a variety of addictions." - Wikipedia/PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome)

    Alrighty, now that that is cleared up, let me explain this again. Ishabl was a war, a battle, a life and death situation, a conflict with casualties, dismemberment, bullets holes, blood, guts, the whole nine yeards. I place emphasis on the life or death situation most. That was Ishbal.

    What happened between Ed and Roy was a duel. I don't know how many times we have to say it, but a duel is not a life or death situation. It is a competition, friendly, usually death is not a factor when participating in this event. Consider it a good old sparring match, because that is what it was. Again, a duel is not a battle, a battle is not a duel.

    Now the significance of both events are tied by the PTSD. You do not compare these two events, they are merely tied together. Flashbacks such as Roy's was unitentional and compltely caught him off guard. Why? It is most likely because Ed and Roy were in the exact same physical positions as Roy and the Ishbalan kid were in during the battle. It was purely physical, not mental, not life threatening, the circumstances were far from the same and have no bearing on this what so ever. In similar situations, PTSD can be triggered, and this is what happened with Mustang. If it were mental, it was insignificant in comparison to what Mustang had experienced during Ishbal. It oculd have been an increase of excitement, stress, possibly just wanting to get the thing over with.

    He was instantly transported back in time to the Ishbalan incident, via mental process, and it was very brief; it took just enough time for Ed to thrust his sword. Roy was not scared because Ed looked like the kid, because he was afraid of killing him, or any such occurence in the match. He was hesitant because he was brought back to an episode in his life that was the worst experience he had ever encountered.

    Roy was in it for keeps and so was ED, but the flashback was not part of the plan what so ever, and that is what ended the fight. It wasn't a turning point, it wasn't a draw, it just ended.

    Well I can't find anyway to make that more clear. So there you go.

    There is no comparison!!

  6. #70
    Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Realm of Dark Illusions
    Posts
    1,372
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 46 Times in 43 Posts

    Re: Fullmetal vs. Mustang

    Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    Alright time to spell things out with wikipedia.

    "Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is the term used to describe a severe and on-going emotional reaction that results from exposure to extreme stress and/ortrauma.[1] Clinically, such events involve actual or threatened death, serious physical injury, or a threat to physical and/or psychological integrity, to a degree that usual psychological defenses are incapable of coping with the impact. It is occasionally called post-traumatic stress reaction to emphasize that it is a result of traumatic experience rather than a manifestation of a pre-existing psychological condition. The presence of a PTSD response is influenced by the intensity of the experience, its duration, and the individual person involved.

    PTSD may be triggered by an external factor or factors. Its symptoms can include the following: nightmares, flashbacks, emotional detachment or numbing of feelings (emotional self-mortification or dissociation), insomnia, avoidance of reminders and extreme distress when exposed to the reminders ("triggers"), loss of appetite, irritability, hypervigilance, memory loss (may appear as difficulty paying attention), excessive startle response, clinical depression, and anxiety. It is also possible for a person suffering from PTSD to exhibit one or more other comorbid psychiatric disorders; these disorders often include clinical depression (or bipolar disorder), general anxiety disorder, and a variety of addictions." - Wikipedia/PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome)

    Alrighty, now that that is cleared up, let me explain this again. Ishabl was a war, a battle, a life and death situation, a conflict with casualties, dismemberment, bullets holes, blood, guts, the whole nine yeards. I place emphasis on the life or death situation most. That was Ishbal.

    What happened between Ed and Roy was a duel. I don't know how many times we have to say it, but a duel is not a life or death situation. It is a competition, friendly, usually death is not a factor when participating in this event. Consider it a good old sparring match, because that is what it was. Again, a duel is not a battle, a battle is not a duel.

    Now the significance of both events are tied by the PTSD. You do not compare these two events, they are merely tied together. Flashbacks such as Roy's was unitentional and compltely caught him off guard. Why? It is most likely because Ed and Roy were in the exact same physical positions as Roy and the Ishbalan kid were in during the battle. It was purely physical, not mental, not life threatening, the circumstances were far from the same and have no bearing on this what so ever. In similar situations, PTSD can be triggered, and this is what happened with Mustang. If it were mental, it was insignificant in comparison to what Mustang had experienced during Ishbal. It oculd have been an increase of excitement, stress, possibly just wanting to get the thing over with.

    He was instantly transported back in time to the Ishbalan incident, via mental process, and it was very brief; it took just enough time for Ed to thrust his sword. Roy was not scared because Ed looked like the kid, because he was afraid of killing him, or any such occurence in the match. He was hesitant because he was brought back to an episode in his life that was the worst experience he had ever encountered.

    Roy was in it for keeps and so was ED, but the flashback was not part of the plan what so ever, and that is what ended the fight. It wasn't a turning point, it wasn't a draw, it just ended.

    Well I can't find anyway to make that more clear. So there you go.

    There is no comparison!!
    Your post is awesome yet i don't recall saying that Roy was scared because Ed looked like the kid all i wanted to say from the begining to Hassun that Roy hesitated in finishing Ed off(and not KILLING him) because he recalled the ishabalan boy Physically and NOT mentally(and that's what you had said brilliantly) ---meaning:i didn't say anything that's different from your post plus i didn't say that Roy dueled against the ishabalan child or Roy is having a war with ED !!!!!
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

  7. #71
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Fullmetal vs. Mustang

    I wasn't talking to you. I was talking about maamon's post in which he said something about a duel during the Ishbal war. Which is untrue. That's all.

  8. #72
    Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Realm of Dark Illusions
    Posts
    1,372
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 46 Times in 43 Posts

    Re: Fullmetal vs. Mustang

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I wasn't talking to you. I was talking about maamon's post in which he said something about a duel during the Ishbal war. Which is untrue. That's all.
    I see ... anyway i gave my opinion about the subject
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fullmetal Alchemist 2???
    By Spike_Spiegel in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Mar 22, 2006, 10:34 AM
  2. Fullmetal Alchemist
    By Wrath in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: Aug 02, 2005, 05:43 PM
  3. FullMetal Alchemist anyone?
    By vb0xn4rd in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2005, 03:27 AM
  4. fullmetal
    By amber hazle in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Apr 28, 2005, 10:11 AM
  5. Fullmetal Alchemist
    By sazuki in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr 19, 2005, 02:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts