+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mid wife Ed!?

Newbie Micronian_ace may be famous one day Micronian_ace may be famous one day Micronian_ace's Avatar
    Thanks

Mid wife Ed!?

In FMA ep. 8, "The philosopher's stone" , Ed tells Hughes that he owes hime one for delivering his baby girl. Did I miss something? I reviewed the first eps, and there were no episodes about this. Anyone got any info?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mid wife Ed!?

Quote Originally Posted by Micronian_ace View Post
    In FMA ep. 8, "The philosopher's stone" , Ed tells Hughes that he owes hime one for delivering his baby girl. Did I miss something? I reviewed the first eps, and there were no episodes about this. Anyone got any info?
    You meant Hughes tell Ed that Hughes owe him one right??

Wasn't it the ep with Ed's birthday party and Hughes's wife starting to go into labor. Was snowing outside, so it was hard to get a doctor...

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember that! I watched it and it was hilarious. It was early in the series and both AL and ED were freaking out. They didn't actually show the birth. Only both of them freaking out, then them getting some towels and water and that stuff, and then fast foward to a baby.
    every rose has a thorn

Newbie tyciol may be famous one day tyciol may be famous one day
    Thanks

You obviously didn't watch that episode or you'd remember it.

It's when they are training for the military alchemist exams with the doctor guy (before the tragic stories occur with him...) and when Ed heats up the water in the basin it's the first time (chronologically, you've seen it before in the anime but this is a flashback) that he discovers he can perform alchemy without a circle.

They reflect on how their mother went through that and how alchemists couldn't do what mothers do in a million years.

It's actually a pretty continual theme throughout the anime, how equivilent exchange isn't true because you get new life basically for free, how there is an inherant quality to it, it comes back near the end involving Rose...

+ Reply to Thread