+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening quote by Alphonse Elric

Newbie AnimeAlliance may be famous one day AnimeAlliance may be famous one day AnimeAlliance's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Opening quote by Alphonse Elric

Here are the actual quotes~

episode 1 has no openiong quote, they transmuted their mother(that starts the episodes)

episodes 2-42(except 37)(with music): Alphonse Elric-

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth."

episode 37(with music): Riza Hawkeye-

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. Here at Central Headquarters there was a group of brave soldiers all willing to make that sacrifice in the name of peace. This is a tale of love and courage, a tale of the Flame Alchemist Colonel Mustang and his loyal team."

episodes 43-50(43-49 are with music, 50 has no music): Edward Elric-

"The Philosophers' Stone: those who possess it, no longer bound by the laws of Equivalent Exchange in Alchemy, may gain without sacrifice, create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it."

episode 51 has no opening quote, instead it has an end quote,

Aphonse Elric:

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete. Equivalent Exchange does not encompass everything that goes on here, but I still chose to believe in its principle: that all things do come at a price, that there's an end and a way, that the pain we work through did have a reward, and that anyone who's determined and perseveres will get something of value in return, even if it's not what they're expecting. I don't think of Equivalent Exchange as a law of the world any more. I think of it as a promise between my brother and me. A promise that someday we'll see each other again."

Wile Alphonse reads this montage images of different people throught the series are shown. These include Tucker, still trying to bring back Nina; the Ishbalans, rebuilding; Mustang and Hawkeye, shopping at a market; Wrath, lying on the ground under a tree; Gracia and Elysia Hughes, with Sheska, laying flowers at Hughes's grave; Pinako, with Rosé and her baby, at their house; Russell and Fletcher Tringum, working in a lab; Winry, working with Dominick and Paninya in Rush Valley; and finally Armstrong and Breda, entertaining a group of soldiers that includes Fuery, Falman, and Havoc.

I think that it is cool, and I believe in it. When Dante uses the example of the state alchemy test, and states talks about the people who stdied for months and years, but didn't get to become state alchemist, she mustn't realize that those people did get get something of value in turn: they knew more about alchemy. The world is a constant cycle: everyone has problems in life, may it ne hunger, money, or even loneliness. Life has problems, it's our jobs to go through them. We will make mistakes, but we WILL eventually learn from them, because we can't do everything right: the world itself is imperfect, it's axis is tilted. This is why I believe in Eqiuvalent Exchange, no matter what happens we still get something of value. THAT IS THE TRUTH BEYOND ALL TRUTHS, THE LAW OF NATURE!

By the way, you guys do understand this response is coming from the mouth of a 12 year old, so cut me some slack, okay!
    Last edited by AnimeAlliance; Dec 04, 2006 at 04:32 PM. Reason: WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH

Newbie theedge182 may be famous one day theedge182 may be famous one day
    Thanks

you have a very good point every thing people do is a that qoute. but know what would make it better if we could actually put like a pound of meatal and change it into a little statue just by puting it in a cool little transmutation circal. no mater how hard i tryied i couldn't get any thing out of it no glowing light no nothin, even if the circle was perfect in every way a posible. so if any one knows how to do real alchamy please PM me imidatly that would be awsome. but ill have to live without if for now

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you AnimeAlliance for the quotes I really was trying to find them. Now I can use them I do believe in Alchemy and the you have to give to get.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Newbie AnimeGaSuki is off to a good start AnimeGaSuki's Avatar
    Thanks

What Al says is extremely true, yet not always; -To gain something, something of equal value must be lost, this is part of every day life as we live. If we go to school and give it our all, usually that all comes back in a good way. If you train as hard as you can for something you love to do, then basically what will happen is you become extremely good. Blood, sweat, and hard work are what drive this world. Things usually are never just received, but worked for, and sometimes, they just come.

Newbie Kisa Elric may be famous one day Kisa Elric may be famous one day Kisa Elric's Avatar
    Thanks

I totally agree with you. I don't know how many times i've tried alchemy and failed miserably! *sigh* I wish it was real too...

Otaku venelse may be famous one day venelse may be famous one day
    Thanks

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return."

I absoutely agree with it.. sometimes I wonder if the Natural disaster struck because of the lack of Humankind love or what.. And it seems that it's getting back to worse..

Newbie kana-chan is off to a good start kana-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

The quote was cool but like Hoenheim said...everything doesnt follow the Law of Equivalent Change... like how many people study so hard for the exam and only a few pass..

But i think the quote was cool! ^^

x._Loveless.Murder_.x Aiora may be famous one day Aiora may be famous one day Aiora's Avatar
    Thanks

this quote is definitley true, i mean trust me i have had this sorta problem in my daily life..my brothers seem to take advantage of me everyday and they expect me to do everything

-".. Chase the morning, yield for nothing."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast