Closed Thread

Thread: Advice for My Anime and Manga Club

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Advice for My Anime and Manga Club

Hello dear friends! I have a bit of a dilemma on my hands. You see, me and my friend Ivy Spring are considering starting an anime and manga club but if we were to start this club we are not sure what we would do. We have already decided that we would show recommended manga and anime. We have also had the idea of showing the new releases. Other then things like that we haven't gotten too far. So what I'm asking all of you is for your ideas. What could we do to make this Anime and Manga Club the best it can be?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Advice for My Anime and Manga Club

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Posted in the Anime/Manga Information Links are the commercial sites that provide assistance to establish Anime/Manga clubs. In addition to your normal car washes and bake sales for fund raising activites, you might want to consider exploring Japanese and other Asian cultures...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie henzor may be famous one day henzor may be famous one day henzor's Avatar
    Thanks

hehe well im actually part of an anime club at my uni down here in aus, though i dont participate much (its only my first year). they have weekly screenings of new releases, and get-together sessions to discuss things in general. they also organise regular bbqs and picnics for the members, which is something you guys could consider ^^

but yeah, im not exactly an active member of the club so those are the only things im aware of =/

hehe good luck with it neway, look forward to hearing about how it goes ^^v

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hmm, well, starting a club is always difficult. The one I'm part of, "S.U.M.O." (Southern Utah Mega Otaku), has been around for about 10 years, and at most has about 10-12 members. What I suggest doing is getting people's suggestions and watch certain shows, even if they conflict with your personal taste. That's the thing that really bothers me about the current president: He's not willing to buy anything he doesn't like, and if he doesn't like it, it doesn't get shown at the club. Period. Be flexible with your members, and watch a wide variety of shows. (My prez watches/likes harem shows, and that's about it). If you can, make it a monthly meeting rather than weekly. Set one day and just spend the whole day watching stuff. It's what my club's been doing for the past 10 years and it's working just fine.

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Why not consider changing the name to something like the Study of Japanese Culture and Arts or The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture - ok i stole that from Genshiken. Giving your club a broader name like that will invite more people joining and not just minimizing one...thing. Also giving you more choices on what to do with your club; more versatility with your club

Otaku Noxious_Craft may be famous one day Noxious_Craft may be famous one day Noxious_Craft's Avatar
    Thanks

well i suggest getting lots of info about new anime/manga's coming out so you can inform the members(if you have any) showing some anime, talk about it and have group discusions about the characters, then you might be interested in i little RP at the end or something, or you could have each member choose a character's name and be identified as that in the club, i think that would be cool, oh and prizes for the best fanart or fanfiction or something like that, i would be intersted in a club like that.

Newbie Lloyd Aurion may be famous one day Lloyd Aurion may be famous one day Lloyd Aurion's Avatar
    Thanks

If you plan on having a club make sure you keep on the subject of anime and manga. I was in this one that started as an anime club that watched anime and we had a library where other members can rent your own manga and anime but the creator of the club kept changing what it was about and we started not doing anything so I don't go anymore.
    Do what you want, play what you want and buy swords.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Gurmble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules...
    Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 14 days or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread