Closed Thread

Thread: (ADV's)Doomed 54 Manga

Otaku viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025's Avatar
    Thanks

(ADV's)Doomed 54 Manga

I was wondering if anyone knew more info on ADV'S Doomed 54 manga?
    I found some info but it's not enough.
    Tokyopop gets some of ADV’s ‘Doomed 54’
    One of the more intriguing news tidbits to come out of Anime Expo in Anaheim, Calif., earlier this month was Tokyopop's announcement that it had licensed the manga series "Tactics," "Aria" and "Peacemaker Kurogane."
    That those titles once were held by ADV Manga before becoming members of the "Doomed 54" -- 54 series either canceled or put on "indefinite hiatus" -- raised many virtual eyebrows on the Internet.

It has been a while, after all, since new volumes of these three series were released. "Aria" disappeared in December 2004 after three volumes; "Peacemaker Kurogane," in March 2005 after three volumes; and "Tactics," in May 2005 after two volumes.

There was some initial confusion about which properties Tokyopop had picked up; "Aqua" and "Shinsengumi Ifun Peacemaker," prequels to "Aria and "Peacemaker Kurogane," respectively, also were licensed, leading some to speculate that ADV still held rights to the original series. But Tokyopop's Susan Hale confirmed to MangaBlog last week that the original series were now theirs.

It won't be until 2008 until the new translations are complete. But at least manga fans have new hope. Now, can we get more "Noodle Fighter Miki" and "Gunslinger Girl"? Please?
    I liked Gunslinger Girl and Peacemaker, but I need to know more.
    If you have a list of all the Dommed 54 please let me and all of the manga fans out here know.

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: (ADV's)Doomed 54 Manga

I was so angry that the two title I was eagerly following have been canceled - Aria and Gunslinger Girl.

You can just go to adv for the manga. Pretty much all of their manga lines are dead. At least they finished Chrno Crusade and FMP.

Otaku viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: (ADV's)Doomed 54 Manga

I think thier going to sell the company soon.
    I hope they hurry up, I'm tierd of waiting.

Closed Thread