Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anime Fans in Malaysia

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime Fans in Malaysia

Surfing through the net I've found alot of people who are into anime and manga are from Malaysia. But I'm wondering how popular it actually is in that country.

Newbie rush_aztech may be famous one day rush_aztech may be famous one day rush_aztech's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Fans in Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Surfing through the net I've found alot of people who are into anime and manga are from Malaysia. But I'm wondering how popular it actually is in that country.
    Hey, hey ,hey there are a lot of people here watching anime and reading manga Okay..... even thought its being subded or translate to MALAY but its increasing every year.... There also cosplay competition and manga convention even thought it just a small one but its getting bigger..... We also have our own manga artist......

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

It's only somewhat popular. I'd say 1 out of every 3 Malaysian teenagers are into anime. With regards to Malay-dubbed anime, rarely anyone watches those these days. We get raws and English-subbed anime over the telly - and like everyone else, we download stuff too. The anime cons are usually packed with thousands of people from all over the country, though I don't usually attend the ones in Malaysia coz I find that a lot of the fans are a little uncivilised... +__+

Newbie axel.k11 may be famous one day axel.k11 may be famous one day axel.k11's Avatar
    Thanks

Well im a huge anime fan, but ive never actually been to an anime or manga convention. Im from the UK so its kind of understandable, Ive got a few friends that are into manga and anime but i dont know many here.

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

The Chinese people here are very into anime/manga because Malaysia imported lots of mangas that are translated in Chinese. Apparently, it's easier to translate Japanese to Chinese. So-- with lots of manga for everyone to read, the popularity grows. We do have English-translated mangas but it's darn expensive for an average. But since now our bookstores allows us to read some books there as though a library-- wakakaka~ (laughs)
    As for anime, we have lots to choose. ^^lll
    Now why is it that half the population of Malaysians are anime-fans? Well, I won't say that everyone here is a hard-core fan but they at least do watch anime and talk about it. (Naruto and Bleach is very popular here!)

Er.. what else... I don't know what other people think but-- I as a Malaysian, I feel that the life style in Malaysia is slightly similiar to Japan's life style. As in among the teenagers or so. (+_+) Simply to say--- It's possible for us Malaysian to live in an anime-like life. ^^lll Sweat drop.

Baa.... gomen for the stupid feed back.. (+_+)

Newbie kolin0 may be famous one day kolin0 may be famous one day
    Thanks

No matter how popular anime is in a country, it will never be as popular as Japan, but actually, Singapore or Malaysia is still quite low in the population of anime...

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Well duh, seeing as anime originated from Japan. I don't know about Singapore, but there are plenty of anime fans around the West Coast of Malaysia. The eastern regions are conservative, less civilised areas, and because of that many people there don't get Astro or Animax or other channels airing anime. If the state were to develop those areas as well, crowds of anime fans would undoubtedly rise up.

Newbie natsuhiko may be famous one day natsuhiko may be famous one day natsuhiko's Avatar
    Thanks
    manga that has been translate in malay the quality is bad.....
    the meaning of the word is extremely not the same as original......
    but i still watching cause i very liked it........

in malysia people who watch anime will be look down............
    people in malaysia think that anime only for kid........
    what i said is true.........
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Nov 27, 2006 at 10:26 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast