+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any negima manga readers out there??

Newbie MyDarkenedSoul is off to a good start MyDarkenedSoul's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Any negima manga readers out there??

I love Negima!,it's one of my fav. manga.I just finished vol. 18 & can't wait till number #19 comes out,which before my B-day.So I know one thing I'll be getting ^_^ I like Negi but Bookstore & Evangeline A.K. McDowell are my fav. girls in the series.
    Oi! Oi! Portland!
    Boots n' Braces 4 ever!
    Fight Racism!

Newbie Grominator is off to a good start Grominator's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd View Post
    Stay away from the anime. Stay away from it, for the love of Christ. It suffers badly from Akamatsu's anime curse, which is to say that any manga he creates is awesome but the animes that result from it are trash. For examples, see Love Hina and all 3 or 4 of the Negima animes.

The Negima manga is Akamatsu's best work to date. Being able to juggle roughly 40 unique characters in the same ongoing story is no small feat. The reason why you only see up to chapter 18 is that Del Rey is behind the Japanese publishers. They're about a year behind the ongoing Japanese serials. The reason why there is information on the later chapters online is because there are fan translators that scan fresh volumes from Japan and translate them ahead of the US releases.
    You're being too hard on Akamatsu-sensei. The anime are great, and I personally like the live action series as well. The manga can only do so much for anyone. Reading about the battle between Negi and Evangeline was just as good as watching it on DVD as well. The animes can tell you a lot more about the characters' personalities than the manga can.

Newbie Touko Ryogi is off to a good start Touko Ryogi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grominator View Post
    You're being too hard on Akamatsu-sensei. The anime are great, and I personally like the live action series as well. The manga can only do so much for anyone. Reading about the battle between Negi and Evangeline was just as good as watching it on DVD as well. The animes can tell you a lot more about the characters' personalities than the manga can.
    Sorry to butt in, but I think you missed the point of Eriadd's post, while in most cases you can get more characterization and detail out of an anime if it's done well, the first Negima! anime was really, a trainwreck. You might not know but Akamatsu didn't have much input on the way the series was being created, typically manga writers don't have time to go around and helping with the anime adaptation if they've got an ongoing weekly serialization going.

I will say that it was bad to the point where by episode 10 Akamatsu stepped in himself and took some control over the anime's production, too little too late though. The anime still suffered from hair coloring issues and artwork which wasn't even close to the original that was seen in the manga. Why did everyone have such fat faces? The end plot that they came up with was horrible and rushed. I mean, what were they thinking? I guess by then they just didn't care. Oh well, the artwork for Negima?! the second series, note the "?" in the title to differentiate them, was a nice improvement, but the story was weak and it was all too Paniponi Dash-y. Though that makes sense considering the studio that made it.

Anyway, I've rambled on enough, it all comes down to peoples opinions. I actually liked the first Negima anime before I read the manga and was horrified at how badly the anime butchered such a great piece of work.

Otaku ron119125 is off to a good start ron119125's Avatar
    Thanks

The negima anime was what got me to look into the manga. After reading several of the manga I realized how poorly the anime had been done. But if I had not seen the anime I would never have looked into the manga. So even if it is not as good as the manga I will always like the Negima anime.

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

I read mine online other wise i watch the anime, but I think if you look at amazon, they have 19, maybe, other wise barnes and nobel
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ron119125 View Post
    But if I had not seen the anime I would never have looked into the manga. So even if it is not as good as the manga I will always like the Negima anime.
    It was the exact same thing for me, I read the manga after seeing the first anime, except I could never bring myself to like or appreciate the anime again after reading the manga.

I guess that's just what happens when they make an anime way too early into a serialization that's slated for a very long run.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grominator View Post
    Akamatsu had little-to-nothing to do with the development with any of his animes. That's partially why they all were terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Touko Ryogi View Post
    Oh well, the artwork for Negima?! the second series, note the "?" in the title to differentiate them, was a nice improvement, but the story was weak and it was all too Paniponi Dash-y. Though that makes sense considering the studio that made it.
    It wasn't just the same studio, it was the same right down to the director. Akiyuki Shinbo, the mad genius behind Pani Poni Dash and Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei, decided to take up his own adaptation of Negima, and the end result was "Negima?!".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd View Post
    It wasn't just the same studio, it was the same right down to the director. Akiyuki Shinbo, the mad genius behind Pani Poni Dash and Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei, decided to take up his own adaptation of Negima, and the end result was "Negima?!".
    Wow, I didn't know it was the entire team, though it makes sense when you watch Paniponi Dash! and then Negima?! One of the funny things I've noticed after watching Negima?! and going back through Paniponi Dash! is that you can sometimes find Shinchimi and Motsu (The cat-like... thing and the... pickle?-like thing) in the background of random PPD scenes. You can find all sorts of odd background items that are recycled right back into Negima?! somehow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast