+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boys Over Flowers

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Boys Over Flowers

I once looked at this manga and I thought that the art was horrible. I started reading it yesterday and it was amazing! It was like a regular soap opera!! Only manga style!! And the art does get better as it goes along. And some of the guys are really good looking! I recommend it.

Has anyone here read the series? and how many books are there?
    Last edited by rksamurai; Nov 15, 2007 at 02:56 PM.
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Boys Over Flowers

Hana Yori Dango is a classic. It's one of the few series' that just about every female teacher and student in my entire school has read and enjoyed. It's a bit overdramatic but the shoujo conventions it ignores completely make it one of the more unpredictable and enjoyable comics for girls that I've ever read.

There are 36 volumes.

Newbie coeli is off to a good start coeli's Avatar
    Thanks

I read Hana Yori Dango after I saw the Taiwanese drama adaptation, Meteor Garden. I liked the drama, so I tried the manga... and I loved the story more!

coeliandjeff.blogspot.com

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Is that what its called? Hana Yori Dango? Is that how it is put in Japanese? The books I read only said "Boys Over Flowers."
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

Newbie Wind Ryder is off to a good start
    Thanks

Talking Re: Boys Over Flowers

no... sorry. i have not read the series. but i have read the 3rd book.. when i was 13. And what you said was true.. when you look at it. it looks like bad artwork. but when you get into the story and further on. IT's AWESOME ARTWORK. Same with me. and my recomendations. so to everyone else that reads this.. i to recommend reading this book series.

Newbie Tony is off to a good start Tony's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Hana Yori Dango is a classic. It's one of the few series' that just about every female teacher and student in my entire school has read and enjoyed. It's a bit overdramatic but the shoujo conventions it ignores completely make it one of the more unpredictable and enjoyable comics for girls that I've ever read.

There are 36 volumes.
    This sounds interesting, I'll look into it. The only thing wrong with soap manga's is that the plot is too predictable.

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

I read all the volumes my library had (up to volume 11 I think), but I wasn't obsessed with it so I stopped after that. I have seen Meteor Garden, though, which is the Taiwanese drama adaptation of it. And I started watching Hana Yori Dango before I got too busy, but I've heard from multiple people that it's better than Meteor Garden, so I hope to finish it one day...
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Newbie Serena500 is off to a good start Serena500's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rksamurai View Post
    I once looked at this manga and I thought that the art was horrible. I started reading it yesterday and it was amazing! It was like a regular soap opera!! Only manga style!! And the art does get better as it goes along. And some of the guys are really good looking! I recommend it.

Has anyone here read the series? and how many books are there?
    I have read the series and im hooked. as of right now there are 24 or 25 books. i dont remember what book i stoped on because i was borrowing them from a friend. but the book i stoped on was the last one that was released here in the united states.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast