Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clamp

Otaku Ritoru-chan may be famous one day Ritoru-chan may be famous one day
    Thanks

Question Clamp

I happen to come across an article at the local book store in Anime Insider about Clamp and I was wondering if anyone has a specific recommendation or preference for the manga artists. I've already had experiences with xxxHolic (more the show than the manga), Chobits, and Card Captor Sakura. I have seen images of "Clover" but I'm not sure if its something I'd be willing to spend the money on it.
    "You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music." -- The Cable Guy
    Photography | @Twitter | Website

Newbie dak angel may be famous one day dak angel may be famous one day dak angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Clamp

i think Clamp mangas are really good to read. i've read chobits, cardcaptor sakura and i've read first 2 volumes of wish, which i think is a really good read

Newbie AngelMage is off to a good start AngelMage's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I like CLAMP to and I've read XXXHolic volumes 1-7,Tsubasa volumes 1-7,X/1999 volumes 1-5,Angelic Layer volume 1,Chobits volumes 1-4,Legal Drug volume 1 and I think that's it.-^-^-'

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

I have read almost everything from clamp. I have read xxxholic, tsubasa, chobits, and just anything you can think of! But I have to say even though they are of the most famous writers in the manga world (if not the most famous), I don't think that they are the best. I do like their work (naw duh! I read it!), but I don't put them in my top.
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's make sure we're all giving reasons for recommendations, not just making lists. Saying "it's good" doesn't give anyone insight as to why they should bother with Clamp.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I like the CLAMP Manga. Tsubasa is my particular fav. Tsubasa is my favorite probably because it has more action compared to other CLAMP manga in my opinion also they have a bit of romance in there and I am a hopeless romantic to the bone. I love CLAMP manga in general because I love the fantasy they put into their manga and the romance.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; May 04, 2007 at 02:39 PM.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

if you'd like more reads from them:

RG Veda ( i have no idea what it's about, but it's one of their first works and i took a while to come stateside, so a lot of people must have wanted it)

Wish (it's an okay story, only four volumes, but the ending was a little bit of a let down... for me anyway...)

Magic Knight Rayearth (classic school girls with magical powers fight to save a fantasy world, how can you go wrong?)

Legend of Chun Hyang (about a Korean princess... that's all i know)

Miyuki-chan in Wonderland (their take on the classic Alice in Wonderland story... kinda freaky, i hear)

Tokyo Babylon (prequel to X-1999, about Suburu and that other guy... you learn about their powers and the back story, very interesting)

X-1999 (you don't know CLAMP if you don't know this)

>.< i haven't read most of these, but everyone seems to love them, hope you like 'em! Rayearth and Chobits are my favorite

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Some refer to CLAMP as the best among shoujo-manga artists (in this case, a group) But their work is highly enjoyable by everyone. Any age, gender, *blah*blah*blah*

I really like "Magic Knight Rayearth" I used to sneak a look at my sister's mangas I found this one in particular to be interesting. I liked the fantasy theme, great artwork, and a great story. Oh, and lets not forget the giant robots!! LOL

I also enjoy reading "XXXholic". Its pretty nice. Ofcourse the artwork is great and out of everything I find the stroy very intriguing. ^^

I like how CLAMP brings the worlds of their works together,as in "Tsubasa"...
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast